Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warmest Winter Riding Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:42 AM
medicmike
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I did not want to spent the money for heated gloves at first. So I just used to carry a zip lock bag with a few pairs of those throw away gloves like the medical people wear. You can get them at Harbor Freight by the box and are very thin, keep the air off your hands and help you retain heat. They work very well and you can still wear your best pair of gloves with no loss of feeling for the controls. Next best choice for the money in my eyes is a pair of heated glove liners. A bunch less than heated gloves, very thin, can be used with most of the gloves you have now so you still retain the feeling with your gloves, but you need a controller for all the heated gear I know of. This is where you need to really consider things because you have choices; wireless, more expensive but really convenient or a bit less expensive hard wired and wires to contend with. I just have a jacket liner, a pair of glove liners, a pair of heated gloves (which I have never worn on the bike because too thick for me) along with a wireless remote controller. I live in North West OH., it gets pretty cold here and I like to be comfortable when I ride. I ride until they put down the solution or salt the first time until its washed of by a few good rains in the spring. I have been warm as toast every single time while a lot of my Brothers are freezing their *** off.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

My question is do you have heated grips? If not then get some and a slightly insulated pair of gloves will do for what your going to be riding in. Im a snowmobiler and I ride with this type of glove 80% of the time and I ride in cold much colder than you ever will. Castle make several from rather thin to quite heavy. Trick is for really cold riding -10F and colder is Castle makes a pair that is thin in the palms and quite thick on the top. The thin allows the heated grips to do their job while the thick keeps the cold out but you should never need these for riding a bike unless you have no fairing or windshield.
You don't need all the fancy big buck items mentioned in most of these posts. Us snowmobilers no how to keep warm, just ask.

Last edited by Just Me; 10-11-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,237 Likes on 1,983 Posts

Every 10-12 years I buy a pair of these http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-m...gauntlets.html

Old 10-10-2016, 02:13 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 526 Likes on 364 Posts

With newer tech, you can score a pair of battery powered gloved instead of that wired crap.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
Every 10-12 years I buy a pair of these http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-m...gauntlets.html
Every year I think about these. Though we might have different ideas of cold. T-shirt weather to me, is jacket weather to most down south.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:05 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For me its Fox Creek lined deerskin gauntlets when it gets below 40. Tat's usually one day in February then back to summer.