Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Vest windshield -- Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Wind Vest windshield -- Ultra Classic

Decided to go with the 10" Wind Vest windshield over the Clearview Recurve because I didn't want to wait umpteen weeks to get it. So after a 300+ mile ride on the Ultra this weekend with the new windshield, I have some observations for those of you who are considering this as compared to the stock shield:

The good: I can now see over the top of the windshield instead of having the top of the stock shield right in my line of sight; it throws the wind up over me, though the buffeting is going on right at the top of the helmet (I'm right at 6' tall); the fit and finish is great, and no vibration either at idle or at speed.

The bad: It magnifies the wind's effects transmitted to the handlebars -- more buffeting noticed due to the "curve" of the windshield; bugs more prone to hit me in the face than with full shield.

Overall I think I am more satisfied with this than the stock shield, though the real test will come when my wife rides with me -- wondering what effect she will feel with the reduced height on the windshield...

Thought you Ultra owners would be interested in the initial observation of this product...

Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
old.gezr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a Windvest for my 07 SG. Keep us informed.