Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "

Old 08-05-2009, 03:30 PM
INZANE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
got a question. I installed a set of D&D Fatcat 2 into 1 big bore with the quiet baffles, the torque is great , but there's nothing quiet about these pipes. In fact when i'm runing highway speeds it's nerveracking.

does anyone have any experience with the "louvered Baffles " D&D sells ? I really like my pipes but not the sound so I figured with different baffles I could give up a little top end for better torque and get a quiter sound.

Thanks for the help
I just ordered a fat cat with a quiet baffle and they told me they just introduced a dot approved baffle, so i am assuming they would be quieter. Don't know about performance but you might want ot give them a call. they even have the dot approved pipes up on their website now.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

My pipes are the big bore quiet baffles. Not louvered. And im here to tell you that when im on the highway, they kill me ears. I have to wear ear plugs and even then it gets to me. Around town is not to bad. And i have a friend with the regular D&D and their loud also. I dont know about the louvered baffles though. I've got to do something about the sound. We love taking trips, we love the power and TQ, but its to much. I really wish D&D could respond to these post and give us some insite.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is what the quiet baffle looks like.
Tom

Attached Thumbnails D&D Fatcat  "Louvered Baffles "-rita-and-mary-s-visit-002.jpg  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

How do they sound on the highway ? I dont have those baffles. I have honey combed looking baffles with wrapping on them. I have big bore quiet baffles but I was wondering what would it do to my performance and better yet sound if i changed it to louvered baffles ?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend going with the regular quiet baffle, I've had it in my bike for the past 2 years. I run the highway with no problems at all, I can still hear my music, and I can still hear what's going on around me.

Send D&D an email - danddexhaust@msn.com , Leonard is usually very quick to respond. And he can let you know how much a new baffle would cost as well.

Steve

Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

I had my 107 dyno'd with big bore quiet baffle and made 112 & 124. Too loud for me, so put quiet baffle back in and bike pulls harder thru out.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:30 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
I would recommend going with the regular quiet baffle, I've had it in my bike for the past 2 years. I run the highway with no problems at all, I can still hear my music, and I can still hear what's going on around me.

Send D&D an email - danddexhaust@msn.com , Leonard is usually very quick to respond. And he can let you know how much a new baffle would cost as well.

Steve
I already called and talked to Leonard. I have a 107 . He said the louvered baffles were for smaller ci engines. Around 103 ci but I told him how the pipes were to loud on the highway. I have quiet baffles now. Big Bore ! and theres nothing quiet about it. So are you saying go with the louvered baffles ? Cause that's what im thinking on doing. Im not really crazy about top end much. I use most my low end and mid range. Im guessing I will get more low end with the louvered baffles.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:32 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

I would say go with the quiet louvered baffle.

It would take the noise level down, and I really don't think you will loose a lot of power. You might loose some top end HP, but the low end torque will probably go up.

Check out the classified section, there is sometimes a quiet baffle in there.

Steve

Old 08-06-2009, 08:54 AM
jorswift
Road Captain

Not to high jack, but I am looking to get a fatcat. I have a stage 1 and pcIII on my 88. I want loud and low end power. What baffle is recommended? Thanks.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

For you, I would say the regular louvered standard baffle.

Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "