Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Fat Cat with the quiet baffle and at highway speeds the wind noise way over powers the exhaust noise, you really should be using ear plugs at highway speeds, and then it doesn't make any differance.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt buy a bike with a radio and cd with mp3 for nothing. I like to enjoy the ride.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jag1886
I have a Fat Cat with the quiet baffle and at highway speeds the wind noise way over powers the exhaust noise, you really should be using ear plugs at highway speeds, and then it doesn't make any differance.
Cant agree more! The radio sounds much better with earplugs on the highway anyways.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:04 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

I have a FLHX with a wind shield so i don't have issues with wind or the noise that comes from it. I do however have issue with the exhaust at highway speeds. The big bore has a strong rumble to it. I can set off a car alarm real easy.
I've taken apart the exhaust and I do have the honey comb baffle and it's wrapped wityh some kind of fiberglass ans wire. It looks like it will fall apart prety soon so i dont know how well the fiberglass stuffing will work. At the shop where I had the pipes installed he had a set of D&D fatcats also and they were the standard and we couldn't really tell any difference.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jorswift
Not to high jack, but I am looking to get a fatcat. I have a stage 1 and pcIII on my 88. I want loud and low end power. What baffle is recommended? Thanks.
You should go with the quiet baffle. It will give you a bit more low end power, compared to the regular baffle. Although the quiet baffle is a bit quieter it also has a deeper better sound and is still fairly loud.
I had Samson Rip Saws, basically drag pipes with no baffles on my SE Fat Boy with the 103" engine. They were outrageously loud. I switched to the Fat Cat, for a quieter exhaust. When I switched exhaust I was surprised how loud the Fat Cat was. I'm sure it sounds louder on my 103" then on a 88", but I doubt if you will think it is too quiet.
Tom

Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 PM
whtpshr01
Advanced

Does the quiet baffle cost anything extra?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:23 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Default Update On Louvered Quite Baffles

We had the D&D louvered wrapped quite baffle installed last week. Also a TTS Master tune. I had high numbers on the dyno with the big bore baffles, but the louvered baffles gave me massive lower end with nice top end.

Last edited by FLHXXHLF; 04-07-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 269 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
H&D Cycles did the work. Heath is the best at tuning with the TTS master tune in this area.
I know Doc was impressed with this young man's abilities.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 PM
FltBlkNightTrain
Stage III

FLHXXHLF,

you say you had good numbers with the BBQ, but then you said you had massive low end numbers with the standard. Do you have numbers for each? I'd really like to see it because I'm indecisive wether to go with BBQ or Standard Quiet Fat Cat

Old 05-02-2010, 10:33 PM
FltBlkNightTrain
Stage III

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I had my 107 dyno'd with big bore quiet baffle and made 112 & 124. Too loud for me, so put quiet baffle back in and bike pulls harder thru out.
So are you saying that the standard(louvered) quiet baffle out performed the Big Bore quiet baffle on the dyno and through out? Please get back to me on this because I was thinking about going for the Big bore quiet

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "