Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phones on bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
GzrGlide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phone in tour pak. No GPS. Like aper maps and occasionally getting lost.

Duringa charity run a while back, we seen a guy with a cell phone wedged between his helmet strap and his ear. He's talking away thinking he's the coolest thing since......

At the next stop people just looked at him and shook their head. Us included.

Like someone said. The gene pool has a way of cleansing itself.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,105 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Total DUMB AZZ!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain
I am sorry...but this is just so wrong. I get totally irate when the cagers are yacking or texting on their phones. Good Lord when I ride the cell phone is buried in the tour pack and usually is turned off.

I think if you want to yack on your stupid phone and ride a bike at the same time...go buy a Gold Wing. You can plug it in next to the Latte maker. If you feel compelled to want to talk on your phone and ride a bike...at least get a headset and do it more or less safely.

Sorry...rant over now.
Seems your more upset that he was on the wrong kind of bike?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the scala,but only for talking to the ol'lady when wearing helmets. The TomTom is only for gas and lodging but for the most part I use my H-D Road Atlas,shows all the dealers.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that's the kind of guy I would bitch slap!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reminds me of this (been posted before....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpX4jCpbDI

Old 08-07-2009, 11:18 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

now i wonder if kraco makes an adapter so i can use my cell phone and tie it into my 8 track player....

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Old school for me, started ridin' way before GPS, cell phones, even stereo ..... now I understand I'll get flamed for the stereo, probably even the GPS but like I said, I'm old school, I'm not sure anymore why I ride, I just know it's my way of life and I can't imagine not riding, ever. I ride a RoadKing so I can go without a windshield, so I don't have a stereo and I don't need GPS, I like adventure. I also have my old shovels but the RK is very dependable adn great for long journeys. The RK stripped down is as close as a new bike can come to my old shovels. Cell phone, yeah, in the bag for emergencies, but that is all. When I ride I want to get out of everyday life and have a little adventure, even the stereo links me to the world I want to escape from .............
There ya go...I carry a cell phone in the fork bag for emergencies...EMERGENCIES...not to chit chat with people while I'm riding...
I remember when I first threw my leg over a bike in 1967...lot's of stuff going thru my head, but none of it was "I wonder how much **** I can carry with me while I'm doing this?"

I'm starting to wonder if some of these people are so self important or afraid to be out of touch, that they talk on the phone while they're taking a **** or getting laid...

Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even in a car I rarely answer the cell phone, never on a bike. It's always in the tour pack. I figure if it's really important they'll call back. I do use a TomTom GPS though, especially on long cross-country rides. For instance a buddy and I are riding 3,000 miles from Orlando to participate in a 9/11 Memorial ride through PA, VA, and NY ad back. I'll have the GPS humming just so I know where I'm at on unfamiliar roads and routes. I use a bluetooth receiver in my right ear to hear it's voice commands. Unless I'm really confused or lost I rarely look at it while riding except maybe for a quick update on my ETA, or I'm looking for fuel. The voice directions do the rest. Any set-up or route planning I do is at a rest stop or at night in the hotel.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Listen to this one. Couple weeks ago, I was in the car, and passed a kid (on a 2-lane, going opposite direction) and I could swear that he was texting! Nope, not a crotch rocket --- a bandanna-around-the-forehead Hell's Angels wannabe on a Sporty or Dyna, or something like that. Unfrickinbelievable!

Quick Reply: Cell phones on bikes