Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phones on bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:06 AM
al baehr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phones on bikes

Unreal, yesterday I am driving home and am in the right lane in 45mph zone, I am looking at this steret glide riding next to me in the left. All of a sudden he is crossing in front of me while slowing down to 15mph, I hit the brakes and then notice to he is pulling a cell phone out of his right pants pocket. He answers his call and continues to drive 20mph in a 45mph zone in rush hour.

I really wonder if I would have been able to slow down in time if I wasnt looking at the bike.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sorry...but this is just so wrong. I get totally irate when the cagers are yacking or texting on their phones. Good Lord when I ride the cell phone is buried in the tour pack and usually is turned off.

I think if you want to yack on your stupid phone and ride a bike at the same time...go buy a Gold Wing. You can plug it in next to the Latte maker. If you feel compelled to want to talk on your phone and ride a bike...at least get a headset and do it more or less safely.

Sorry...rant over now.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If he would get himself an Autocom or Scala he could talk on the phone hands free and you would never know it.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Dang, that is one good reason to ride....no phone bothering me...

I hear it ringing (sometimes)...and I just smile

Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
harleybob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I leave mine in the tour pack. Leave voice mail next stop I will check for messages. Like gps on a bike I have lost count of how many people use gps while riding.keep your eyes on the road.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
swlamedic
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That has got to one of the craziest things I have ever heard of. I tried to use my iPhone on my bike once, before the Ultra, to listen to music. When the music stopped for it to ring, incomming call, I wondered...what do I do now? I let it go to voice mail, then the music came back on.

I never spoke on the phone while riding, mainly for the wind. Now that I have the Ultra, I jam out to my CDs, and the phone is in the tour pack. I check it when I stop for fuel, or to eat or something.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh i agree...no gps and no phone......my phone is in the bag....and i might check it at the next stop i might not.......

Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I plead guilty to the GPS...but then that is why it is run through the AUX to the speakers so if I do use it...and that is becoming more and more rare, I can hear it and don't have to stare at the stupid thing.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The last thing I want to do while riding is answer, or even check my phone. I'm riding to get away from that sh*t usually. The wifey knows that if I'm on the bike, the phone will not get answered.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Old school for me, started ridin' way before GPS, cell phones, even stereo ..... now I understand I'll get flamed for the stereo, probably even the GPS but like I said, I'm old school, I'm not sure anymore why I ride, I just know it's my way of life and I can't imagine not riding, ever. I ride a RoadKing so I can go without a windshield, so I don't have a stereo and I don't need GPS, I like adventure. I also have my old shovels but the RK is very dependable adn great for long journeys. The RK stripped down is as close as a new bike can come to my old shovels. Cell phone, yeah, in the bag for emergencies, but that is all. When I ride I want to get out of everyday life and have a little adventure, even the stereo links me to the world I want to escape from .............

Quick Reply: Cell phones on bikes