Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide accessories advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 AM
parker_ky
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Street Glide accessories advice needed

Hi All....I am new to the forums and other than getting paid to ride a HD for a living (Police/Traffic Officer....Ride HD Electra Glide) am soon to be a 1st time HD owner. I am going with the 2010 HD Street Glide and want to finance everything at once so I am looking on suggestions for accessories. I was told that at the moment there is no true dual exhaust for this bike. A bagger with single exhaust??? NO WAY! But as far as anything else, i'm not sure.......more power? what are the options? is it worth the extra $$$? I like the bullet signals on the front, but want more lights for safety. I hear people speaking of stage 1? OK...still green here....what's that? I see post about a motofuel PCV Also??? The simple chrome stuff I think I can handle.....but any motor stuff, or any other performance upgrades I have no idea. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Ride Safe.....But Ride HARD!

Steve

Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,079 Likes on 1,772 Posts

Comfort and necessity first, then power. If you need highway pegs, rider backrest kit, passenger backrest kit, luggage rack, handlebar change, etc. get them first. Then get some pipes, A/C and a tuner. The you can build from there with cams, 103, etc.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:11 AM
zoneman
6th Gear

I have a 2010 sg and if you do any long rides or have a lady with you, you are going to want to change the seat, highway pegs, and passenger backrest. If you want true duals as i do, you can finance them and wait, as i did. Vance & hines said they should have thiers out in oct. The rest should be close behind.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:49 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

You have some good advice with previous posts. I am also purchasing an 2010 SG. I am adding, SE AC, PCV with Autotune. I added these myself on my first bike, but want them OTD with this bike.

I am torn with the pipes, the tru duals are something I am concerned going to with a potential loss of power. I am going to end up replacing the slip on with the new jackpot from fuel moto. If there were more options, I really like the black exhaust on the black denim.

I plan on moving my 360 highway pegs from my road king and I will also purchase a clearview windshield with the re-curve.

Also saw a post the other day to put a microfiber towel under the seat. This will help prevent rubbing on the fender.

The other thing you want to add is a 4 point docking system. That allows you to add the passenger backrest and if you decide later to add a tourpack you can. I recommend the back rest with the luggage rack.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The mod I really needed the most was the PCV to cool down the motor in city traffic. Next was comfort (highway pegs, handlebars, heated grips) and touring accessories (tour-pak, driving lights).

Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
jack49
Road Captain

A good stage one to cool off the motor and pick up some cheap HP.
Seat and good fitting handlebars.
Custom wheels
Lots of chrome

Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM
leatherhead
Intermediate

I bought a new 09 SG and it got totaled last Thursday. sucks! I had it tricked out just like I wanted and cant find another 09 SG in the southeast. I hate to 2-1 system on the 2010. I am just upset in gerneral now! I bought a little taller w/s and added a c and c seat which i highly reccomend and i agree the stage one air cleaner kit is the first proformance addtion you should do. I dont know how it will work on the 2010 which that ungly 2-1 but I would be interested to know. Good luck and welcome!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Big G in Okieland
Novice

Just a heads up on folks getting a 2010, I have 2010 Limited with breather, slip ons, & sert. The first thing I'm doing as soon as I can is getting rid of the catalytic converter, that sucker is HOT, really puts out the heat.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 645 Likes on 513 Posts

stg 1 = air intake pipes and a tuner.there are endless combinations of the 3.fuelmoto sells a stg1 kit that is very reasonably priced and is known for exelent customer service.2010 has a cataylist in the headpipe it will run very hot normally id say comfort first but stg 1 will help alot with heat.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
caltrain
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just start pulling things apart and replacing them with what you want or like. I have had mine for 1 week now and almost done with basic changes. Power and exhaust will follow once everyone has their systems available and I figure out what to use with the engine upgrades I make.

2010 FLHX - Lowered 1" front & rear, powder coated front end, rotors & highway bar, Arc Audio upgrade & misc bolt on parts....covers, highway pegs, rack, passenger floor boards and back rest.

Last edited by caltrain; 09-09-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide accessories advice needed