Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit on all things, my bicycle!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Hit on all things, my bicycle!

We had for Roswell, a very bad snow storm last night, about 6 inches. I was coming home from the VA in Albuquerque when my wife called and said she was stuck downtown because her tires wern't getting any traction. I went and got her and was going to pick it up today on my bicycle so I could drive the truck back. I was passing a driveway when a guy on the other side ofthe four lane turned left and was heading straight for me. I yelled and waved my arms but he kept coming. I gave a real hard push on the pedals, and he hit me in the rear tire and knocked me on I got my ***. I got up as he got of the car and said"What your problem Motherfu**er", didn't you f**king see me. He just kept saying Oh Lord, Oh Lord. Someone called 911 an eveybody showed up I about 5 minutes. I'm not hurt, but in the snow at the Va yesterday I fell on th knee that needs a replacment, and today I fell on my good one. He agreed to fix my warped rim and we exchanged information. My BP was 140/90 which was't bad just being hit by a car.
I should have known what he was going to do, but he didn't even give a signal and was on the other side of the median. Just goes to show, stay alert for anything. The LEO tried to say it was my fault because I was on the sidewalk. I told him I was on the road , not the sidewalk, and he said ok, DUH!

Anyway, I stayed alive and uninjured, but It looks like a Vicodin night for me. How was your day?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:46 PM
BillinPA
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad it wasn't worse!! Some people are truly braindead behind the wheel. I hope he didn't drop his phone or some other distracting device.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 PM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Glad your ok, got hit like that once too . thank god you were not on the ultra

Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your ok give thanks. get even

Old 12-04-2009, 09:05 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry to hear about that, but glad your okay (relatively). Enjoy your vicodin nap... We'll expect to hear from you in a few days when you wake up...lol

Again...just proves you ALWAYS have to watch out for the other guy. Just don't be the "other guy"....

Old 12-04-2009, 09:35 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
We had for Roswell, a very bad snow storm last night, about 6 inches. I was coming home from the VA in Albuquerque when my wife called and said she was stuck downtown because her tires wern't getting any traction. I went and got her and was going to pick it up today on my bicycle so I could drive the truck back. I was passing a driveway when a guy on the other side ofthe four lane turned left and was heading straight for me. I yelled and waved my arms but he kept coming. I gave a real hard push on the pedals, and he hit me in the rear tire and knocked me on I got my ***. I got up as he got of the car and said"What your problem Motherfu**er", didn't you f**king see me. He just kept saying Oh Lord, Oh Lord. Someone called 911 an eveybody showed up I about 5 minutes. I'm not hurt, but in the snow at the Va yesterday I fell on th knee that needs a replacment, and today I fell on my good one. He agreed to fix my warped rim and we exchanged information. My BP was 140/90 which was't bad just being hit by a car.
I should have known what he was going to do, but he didn't even give a signal and was on the other side of the median. Just goes to show, stay alert for anything. The LEO tried to say it was my fault because I was on the sidewalk. I told him I was on the road , not the sidewalk, and he said ok, DUH!

Anyway, I stayed alive and uninjured, but It looks like a Vicodin night for me. How was your day?

I'm glad your ok. What model bike was you riding?

Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam gunner you got your *** kicked on that bike today good to see your OK have a few beers chill

Old 12-04-2009, 10:02 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,920 Likes on 8,432 Posts

All kinds of reason for driving loosy. Today, I was driving down the local highway, left lane and approaching a Mercedes that going a little slower in the right lane. The M suddenly drifted into my lane about 1/3 of the way when I was within about a cars length behind it. It drifted back into the right lane but I held back just in case the driver was going to do it again. We were approaching a red light, so I thought I could just pull ahead of the M from the light, but the M didn't stop. Just ran right through it as though it wasn't even there. As I came to a stop, the light turned green for me and I could still see the M that wasn't more than a few hundred yards ahead of me. As it came up to another red light, it still didn't stop and a utility truck coming from the left side of the highway I was on hit the car as he was making his left turn. The M stopped and I caught up to them and pulled over to provide a statement for the truck driver. Turns out the woman driving the Mercedes was going into diabetic shock and never even saw the first light, but thought the second light was green. She was stumbling around and asked for a cell phone to call her son. I didn't smell alcohol on her and when her son arrived, he had her needle for her.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, this one was called stupidity, Maybe i could have used a needle on him!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What the Hell were you doin ridin a bicycle in the snow Enjoy you're chemically induced high for me Glad to hear you got a good word in before the law arrived.....

Quick Reply: Hit on all things, my bicycle!