Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monkey Bagger Bars with Pics (Install)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM
08HD
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monkey Bagger Bars with Pics (Install)

OK, I am considering doing the job myself but only if I can find detailed instructions with pictures I can follow. I am wanting to get 10"or 12" Paul Yaffee Monkey Bars for my 08 EGC with ABS. Do anyone know? Would love to get this done without paying the labor cost. HELP!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a manual its not that hard,did my 01 FLHTC and my 06 FLSTN...

Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
08HD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ranger56528
Get a manual its not that hard,did my 01 FLHTC and my 06 FLSTN...
Got a manual! Just looking for more of everything better lined up for me step by step with pics.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did mine a few months ago. At first they were a PITA, but now that I have done a set, it wouldn't be any trouble at all.

I actually spoke to Paul in Vegas before I pulled the trigger on them and he said that he had simple instructions that made it easy. He said the only complaint he ever got was that people couldn't pull the wiring through, but after he told them to go read the instructions, they all finished with ease.

He emailed me the instructions, and it wasn't working as easily as he describes. Then I noticed that the install he was doing was for a set of standard apes and not the Monkey Bagger Bars. Once I realized that, I sort of did a hybrid install using his instructions and my own technique and had no problem.

If you are really thinking about doing this, get PM me and I'll guide you to the cheapest place to buy them and give you the other secrets I figured out.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

I sent you a PM Firefighter!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
scarygt
Road Master

I also sent you a PM. Thanks

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM
08HD
Road Captain

I am ready to learn! just PM'd you...

Old 12-09-2009, 10:13 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love these bars, but cannot decide to pull the trigger or not.... can you post pics to this thread of your bars? Thanks!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

It isn't really that hard. The main thing will be running the wires through the bars. What I found that worked best for me was to spray some lube on the wires and into the bars to get around the sharp corner at the top and leave the sleeve on the wires or there is a good possibility that the sharp edge will cut the wires and you don't want that to happen.

I ordered their super size kit when I ordered my bars and this was more for connivance, it took all the worry out of what size cables to order and plus they sent the wire extensions and all required fluids so it was simply taking off the old and putting on the new.

My main advice would be take your time and you won't have any problems.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
08HD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BadX
It isn't really that hard. The main thing will be running the wires through the bars. What I found that worked best for me was to spray some lube on the wires and into the bars to get around the sharp corner at the top and leave the sleeve on the wires or there is a good possibility that the sharp edge will cut the wires and you don't want that to happen.

I ordered their super size kit when I ordered my bars and this was more for connivance, it took all the worry out of what size cables to order and plus they sent the wire extensions and all required fluids so it was simply taking off the old and putting on the new.

My main advice would be take your time and you won't have any problems.
Sounds like good advice. My purpose for starting this thread was to have this process simplified and prevent any negligence on my part. Don't want another "Been there Done that T-Shirt"

Quick Reply: Monkey Bagger Bars with Pics (Install)