Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-Track Steering Stabilizer

Old 01-14-2010, 06:40 PM
true-track
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True-Track Steering Stabilizer

We're looking for some feedback!

How many of you have thought, I sure could use a front steering stabilizer but couldn't find anything on the market for your Harley touring models?

Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Disp2030
Advanced

If you designed one like this sport bike one for a dyna at the right price I would be interested. I would not be interested in a rod style.

Attached Thumbnails True-Track Steering Stabilizer-1.jpg   True-Track Steering Stabilizer-2.jpg   True-Track Steering Stabilizer-3.jpg  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I'm still in love with my rear T-T stabilizer thanks! Haven't felt a need for a front one, but interested to see what might come over the horizon.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Originally Posted by true-track

How many of you have thought, I sure could use a front steering stabilizer but couldn't find anything on the market for your Harley touring models?
I was just thinking about this as I rode today. Whatcha got?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, who needs one?

Steering dampers are for bikes with steep rake and short wheelbase that can make the front wheel go very light powering out of a corner. When the front wheel is light and the bike is leant over thats when a tankslapper can start and thats when you need a damper.

I owned a Suzi TL 1000 R, I know what that feels like!

No harley tourer (even my 124") meets the criteria for getting into a tankslapper. The front geometry just isnt susceptible to it.

However the above is the engineer in me talking.

If I was a marketing person I would be looking at how I could make a really cheap steering damper for tourers, and looking at making as much margin on it as possible. There will be no shortage of people who will buy it trying to solve a problem that they dont have or even understand.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
MikeySom
Road Captain

Received 345 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
Honestly, who needs one?

Steering dampers are for bikes with steep rake and short wheelbase that can make the front wheel go very light powering out of a corner. When the front wheel is light and the bike is leant over thats when a tankslapper can start and thats when you need a damper.

I owned a Suzi TL 1000 R, I know what that feels like!

No harley tourer (even my 124") meets the criteria for getting into a tankslapper. The front geometry just isnt susceptible to it.

However the above is the engineer in me talking.

If I was a marketing person I would be looking at how I could make a really cheap steering damper for tourers, and looking at making as much margin on it as possible. There will be no shortage of people who will buy it trying to solve a problem that they dont have or even understand.
I couldn't said it better myself.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
true-track
Advanced
Default Steering Stabilizer

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have something for the front called "arms", I am thinking of one of your rear stablizers though.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:31 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pondskipper
I have something for the front called "arms", I am thinking of one of your rear stablizers though.
Another person who doesnt understand what a steering damper does.

You cant fight a true tankslapper with your arms, you dont have the strength or the reflexes.

http://youtu.be/LZ1srcQMa_0

A good damper should barely be detectable at the speeds that you can move the bars with your arms.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 AM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by true-track

A lot of people are converting their scoots to trikes. Even with raked trees, going over bumpy roads causes left and right wobble. I'm considering putting a rod style damper on the 'ol lady's trike, which is OK, but one on the top of the tree would be better. The rod type limits the trees turn radius.
BTW, I have one of your devices on my 07 FLHTC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: True-Track Steering Stabilizer