Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock werks windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
vetset
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock werks windshield?

Anybody riders using the flared windshield, if so how much wind buffeting, how tall are you and how tall is the windshield? Thanks all

Old 05-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the 6" Flare on my Ultra - it meant more wind in the face than the stock shield but it calmed that 07 bike down in fast bends where the back end would wobble.
When I got the LTD I put it on that but swapped shortly after with a mate who ordered the 8" version and didn't like it on his eye line as he wears glasses.

The 8" is better for distance work and I have no problem with it - I prefer the look to stock (the 6" is shown in the pic below)

I'm 5'8" and they cost a bomb to import!

Old 05-26-2010, 03:37 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm 6'1, have the Brawler seat which moves me down & back a ways. Bought the HD wind splitter version when I bought the bike. It has more of a square upper profile but doesn't seem to be quite as tall in the middle.

Before my last trip I stopped by the local HD dealer and tried out the 6" klock shield. While it did seem to provide what I seemed to feel was a bit more stability at speed, it sent the wind on the sides whipping past my ears. Making it seem more annoying than the HD version.

I saw an Ultra with the new 8 1/2" recurve that is made to work with the 3 pouch tbags recently. Really liked that look on the ultra. Would like to see one on a SG before jumping the gun though. That would probably be the perfect height for me to make the air from above the shield calm. The below-the-tank air is the major culprit for me now.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered my KlockWerks 8.5" dark tint; they called and told me it was backordered the same day I ordered it! Even though I already knew that from the website.
Great customer service!
I'll get some feedback posted when I have it installed and driven for a few thousand miles.
I'm hopn it's better than the 8" dark tint wide windshield I have now.
-Len

Old 05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Beak
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 132 Posts

2010 Ultra Classic. Had 9.5 harley shield, it was just a little to tall, in my field of vision. Tried the 6.5 harley shield, too much wind for me. Got the 8.5 Klock Werks shield and its perfect for me. I am 5'10 with a 30 inch inseam.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
WI Bob
Road Master

I did not like the shorter Klock, but the 8.5" is pretty decent. Mine is dark smoke.
My neck and head like the 13.5" Cee Baileys a bit better. Alot of that 13.5" is rear angle, bringing it closer to your face.
Both are great above 65mph.

I am 5'11" with 32 inseam. Currently using the HD low pro seat on the SG.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

6.5" KW is great...i'm getting dad the 8.5"

but i've never complained about wind in near or around my face, since it's a motorcycle...no wind is the same as riding around in a cage

Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

I have the 8 1/2'' and it is great.
I am 6' 32" inseam

Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 AM
hot95hog
Cruiser

5 ft 11 in, stock 09 RoadGlide seat. Had a 12 in Klockwerks, I experienced some buffeting on my modular helmet at 75mph or so. More than I cared for, tossed it and got a 16 in Klockwerks and a HD riders backrest. I have no problems seeing over the windshield. I got HD long stem mirrors and have no interference between them. I have very little buffeting on my half helmet. I have not tried my modular helmet as the weather has warmed up a lot since I swapped it out in February. The little buffeting is not bothersome, if you want to experience no buffeting at all, then I recommend you park the scoot in the garage and use a car. Bad attempt at humor, I highly doubt if you can ever get rid of all the buffeting, maybe if you try every windshield out there you may get lucky.,

Old 05-27-2010, 05:02 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

5'11" and love the 6.5 KW.

Quick Reply: Klock werks windshield?