Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Reload this Page >

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 06:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Old 06-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Sheazo

that is good info posted , but my radio the aux code disappeared from my radio and it did not sound like there is a code for that, any suggestions how to get it back
I used the mp3 all the time until this problem arose. I have and 08 street glide
Thanx

Old 06-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Sheazo

Thanx again I went home and went in and got the code , screwed around with some of the options and was able to get the aux back on to my radio
awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mp3 players are the best for riding , plug it in put on shuffle and ride

Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

Carl, this is fantastic! What does the code B2017 Front speakers open, mean? THX :-)

Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
dave9175

The AUX on my harman kardon radio has vanished. Can anyone help me out on how to get this back. I can no longer listen to my ipod without it. Thanks

Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

If you have an out-of-warranty problem, or want expert advice on a warranty-covered HK radio, get in touch with Iron Cross Audio: http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/ They're former techs at Harman Kardon who set up their repair business when HK out-sourced the service work on automotive and HD HK radios.

As for specific answers to particular codes or issues, I'm not a tech. Many of the diagnostic procedures use special tools and/or electronic equipment. For example, the question about B2017 requires use of a "break-out box" to connect to the bike to diagnose whether the problem is the radio, the wiring, or a speaker.

Carl

Old 06-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

Hi! The dealer will install a new HK unit on thursday. I am a happy dude, looking forward to get some tunes back :-)

Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
ohiohusky

Took to dealership, they said needs sent back to HK for repairs on speaker issue. Cost of about $400.00. I retrieved the bike and brought it home. Am letting this rabbit sit until a different offer comes around. It does work through headsets, so I'll just get by for now.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
NYRobG

The dreaded B2017 code has come up several times in various threads here. It's happened to me twice since 2006. Basically both times it was a problem internal to the radio. The first time it was still under warranty and the dealership took it out, sent it back and three weeks later it was fixed.

The second time it happened (late last season) the bike was out of warranty. Dealership said they'd do the labor to remove/reinstall for free, but that since they had to send it out the repair to the radio would cost more than $700, and it would be out for longer than 3 weeks.

Iron Cross Audio completely repaired the radio, added an aux pigtail to the rear (for a small aditional charge...for my GPS input) and had it on my front door step in 4 days, for about $300. I did have to do the remove/reinstall, which required the purchase of a set of extra-long allen wrenches.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Johan96 View Post
Hi! The dealer will install a new HK unit on thursday. I am a happy dude, looking forward to get some tunes back :-)
Got a brand new player today! I guess i have gotten addicted to tunes while riding :-)

Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Shotgun1053
Default 06 Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Radio appears to be working, but the speakers keep shutting down. The dealer replaced the stereo as part of a recall. Soon after, I would get "dead air" and thought it was the station. It got progressively worse and now there is no sound. The tests indicated no fault to the handlebar switches, but on occasion, the speakers would work after moving the intercom/speaker switch. Suggestions for addtional troubleshooting are appreciated.

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: