Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz View Post
anyone know of a cover? saw a cover on ebay , but it was only for aftermarket radios.
Covers can make the situation worse by trapping humidity inside the radio. With the restricted airflow caused by the cover, the humidity will condensate, causing a liquid situation where one would not exist.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 AM
HarleyLew
One Of The Regulars
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCPOBob View Post
Okay gang, need some ideas (I know at least one is "It's new, take it to the Dealer", this is in my plans if I can't figure this out on my own); anyway I am very familiar with setting up and using the CB on the bike during group rides, we had one on 1/1/12, however after doing & re-doing the initial - Channel, Volume, Squelch settings:
- I could see the group keying and talking on the display, but I was not able to hear them (nor was my wife)
- Apparently no one could hear me calling
- All other audio sources (less GPS, haven't tried that one yet) work (Radio, CD, IPod)
- Ran the diagnostics and no DTCs appear
- Three of us that regularly use our CBs double checked Channel, Volume, Squelch settings at the destination

Any ideas?
Same problem here! I had to have some one relay what I was saying...between three bikes, it was a circle jerk just to carry a conversation.

Did you come up with a fix?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 AM
aGuyFromDaytona
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HarleyLew,

Maybe as simple as being sure that the "Speaker" switch is in the correct position. On my '08 ultra if you see the "Headphone" symbol on the radio display change the switch position to another setting & then you should hear the audio from the speakers.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 PM
64FL

I was getting Disc Error 1 and 41. Radio would not enter diag mode. Dealer put a new radio in under warranty Tuesday. Everything works now and plays the disc but I don't think the sound quality is as good as the other radio...go figure.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Default HK Radio

I did not see an answer for the problem of: My radio works fine for a while and them loses all sound. display is normal, can change stations, plus all other functions are working properly, just no sound. I can turn the radio off and back on and it will play for a little while and goes off again. turn radio off and back on, it plays again for a while. Repeat, repeat. What is causing this.
BTW 09 streetglide

Old 06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Yeah well I can tell you what's PROBABLY causing the problem. External speaker circuit board in HK radio has intermittent fault.
Common problem that has been done to death here.

If this is your problem try the search function - it's your friend..... Iron Cross Audio can repair this with a better fix than radio OEM.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the code for junk?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 AM
doc1234
Default phone module

Any one have an idea were i can get a phone module for the 2011 ultra classic as HK stop making them in 2006

Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Johnlyn

Hi all,
I have been having problems with the Harman Kardon. Its been blowing fuses the 15amp radio memory. I just ran the diagnostic and I had the “Spk B” come up. Any idea? I then press a button and Diagnostic, Factory Default and Press SK 1 comes up. Any advice will be well received.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Johnlyn

Hi all, just taken the fairing off the front ....again.... this time I found the left metal support bracket (when standing in front of the bike) has broken. Anyone know the part number? My son helped and we spent time checking the connections and cable ends and could find no break or split in any cable. He did find a connector that had been trapped against the top of the radio and we moved that and cable tied it. But nothing else. Going out later to try it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: