Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Gator252
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinsedonastreetglide
mt issue is that when i park the bike for the night,the radio seems to default back to the am channel.it wont do it if i just shut it off for a few mins or even an hour or so,seems to need to be overnight.any ideas,this started after i put chrome switches on the controls.
Smokin'...have the same problem with mine...were you able to resolve? Thanks...

Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM
the bad bagger
Cruiser

CD would not eject had to replace the radio. With Sony.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
Thanks Pingman-- Don't need it now but kept for the future when I do. Note "when" not "if"...
Well, it's now "when"! I was riding along when the radio cut out, came back on for a few minutes then cut out again permanently.
I have full diplay, can change am/fm/cd; channels tune, volume up/dwn OK, etc-- just no sound out of any speaker.

Have done wiggle tests, checked dash switch checked for loose wires, etc. etc. so now time to run the diagnostics, but will first pull maxi fuse and reset.

Will let ya know what I find.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 AM
rooshooter
Novice

yeeep just what mine is doing.....everything but the noise

Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
MoChrome
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Help! The HK unit on my 2011 SG seems to be locked up. When I turn the ignition on the radio display comes on and it appears to be on an FM station, but no sound. None of the handlebar controls work and I can't turn the radio off. Also will not eject the CD. Tried pulling the radio memory fuse, radio power fuse and also the maxi fuse. Same end result. Any ideas?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoChrome
Help! The HK unit on my 2011 SG seems to be locked up. When I turn the ignition on the radio display comes on and it appears to be on an FM station, but no sound. None of the handlebar controls work and I can't turn the radio off. Also will not eject the CD. Tried pulling the radio memory fuse, radio power fuse and also the maxi fuse. Same end result. Any ideas?

have the same problem. did you ever solve?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MoChrome
Cant be 100% sure without going into the radio, but those are the classic symptoms of liquid damage taking out the TMS320 processor.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought the HK radios were supposed to be watertight? Mine went out on me last week (luckily under warranty) and is in the shop now.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang951
I thought the HK radios were supposed to be watertight? Mine went out on me last week (luckily under warranty) and is in the shop now.
They are not watertight and do not claim to be.
They are extremely water resistant, but no unit (this or aftermarket) with a CD slot, aux port, USB port, iPod tray..etc cam possible be watertight.
Read the full warranty on most Marine grade aftermarket units. They will not warranty water intrusion.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone know of a cover? saw a cover on ebay , but it was only for aftermarket radios.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios