Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Old 05-19-2018, 09:14 AM
aGuyFromDaytona
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J.A.N View Post
I have a 2008 FLHTCU .......all sound is gone....it was working fine when I started this little project.........I recently changed bars.....and in the process found a broken fairing mount.....between the mounts and the bars I got to disturb lots of wires.
My issue is I had tunes when I started ...the face says all is functioning (all the handle bar controls make the face do what they're supposed to) NO SOUND out of the speakers....not even a hum...have a Hogtunes "6 way for the freeway kit" which added speakers in the lowers and an amp that runs the front 4 . this morning I got curious and plugged the headset in and switched to the headset icon ....have tunes with headset.... whats the chance it could be the damn switch......I disconnected nothing electrically other than the plugs for the hand controls so I could stretch the wires for the bars
had similar problem on my 2008 FLHTCUI 105th. Short or pinched wire in the PTT switch

Old 08-30-2018, 11:37 PM
wtorres002
Default 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic Screaming Eagle

good evening, I have my 06 electra glide and the music no longer plays. Ive changed the radio and still didnt work. I change the rear amplifier and still doesnt work. Radio on the new and the original show on and playing but no sound. I also changed fhe speakers. Radio was a Aquatic Digital Media Receiver, the speakers hogtines. Im still getting no sounds no matter what I do and just not sure what to look into next as I even played with the plug that goes to rear of radio hoping for a loose wife. All I can think of next is new wiring harness.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:31 AM
Twistedpairs

Originally Posted by wtorres002 View Post
good evening, I have my 06 electra glide and the music no longer plays. Ive changed the radio and still didnt work. I change the rear amplifier and still doesnt work. Radio on the new and the original show on and playing but no sound. I also changed fhe speakers. Radio was a Aquatic Digital Media Receiver, the speakers hogtines. Im still getting no sounds no matter what I do and just not sure what to look into next as I even played with the plug that goes to rear of radio hoping for a loose wife. All I can think of next is new wiring harness.
I've done it before, that's the only reason I'm suggesting this, is your SPKR toggle all the way down? If it's not in the center or bottom position, it's putting all of your audio to the headset Jack's.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistedpairs View Post
I've done it before, that's the only reason I'm suggesting this, is your SPKR toggle all the way down? If it's not in the center or bottom position, it's putting all of your audio to the headset Jack's.
The speaker switch could be bad also. I have seen on the 07-13 bikes that the switch kills all audio. Not sure about the 06 though.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Ibicycle2
Default no sound

I am getting no music from speakers. I do get pops when lights flash, turn on amp, ect. Getting errors B2017, B2020,B2021,B2022,B2023. Rear speakers are disconnected at the amp. (removed tour pack) I has been working for the last couple years. Recently took it to HD Dealer to replace neutral indicator light.