Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Idle Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Montamayor
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw your comment is about 5 years ago.. Any way I have the problem mostly on low idle, but my engine when in this condition "stall". I know when this is going to happen because the exhaust sounds different like having a lean mixture at that time. A quick fix is when still decelerating push the kill switch on second and then engine goes to normal. So it is not any mechanical thing. That was not so often but now it is everytime I ride it. Very annoying. If anybody knows a solution I will appreciate it most.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Ezridr60
Tourer

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

I am may have replied to this in an earlier post, but I'm not going to go back through 43 pages to find it. So at the risk of repeating myself here is what I found.

I was having the low idle issue. This was on an '07 FLHTCU. It was also accompanied by a code, P0152, rear cylinder running rich. Are you getting a code? I did the cleaning of the IAC with carb cleaner with no results, still had the periodic low idle, still had the code. Took it over to the local Harley shop, they could not duplicate and ESP would not do anything. I changed out both 02 sensors, it's been over a year and a half and the issue has not reoccurred. Has not pulled a code for this issue since and I check at the end of every ride.

Last edited by Ezridr60; 09-12-2016 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Added model
The following users liked this post:
Montamayor (09-13-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 05:30 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

imo looking back it seemed to be a little of this and that. good dyno tune and tightened my tps screws seem to work for me back in the day, by now ive replaced every sensor and tinkered with so much who knows.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Ezridr60
Tourer

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
imo looking back it seemed to be a little of this and that. good dyno tune and tightened my tps screws seem to work for me back in the day, by now ive replaced every sensor and tinkered with so much who knows.
Forgot to mention my bike is an '07 FLHTCU, the last year with throttle cables, no tps. I had a '93 FLHTC, once I got the carb dialed it ran without a hiccup for 17 years. When the EFI is working, no question it's a far better system. The problem, get an intermittent glitch, there does not seem to be a soul on the planet that can fix it. Computers, fuel pumps, regulators, sensors up the wazoo, and all the associated wiring to replace a gravity fed carb! Everything in today's world is beyond the ability or means of your average DIYer. We've traded low efficiency, low maintenance for high effiency, high maintenance. I suppose that was TMI? A rant even?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:14 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

last year of the cable throttle yes! love it. But there is a tps on it, the little torx got loose and bike went WOT probably from the heat of the stock set-up at the time.
Nice thing about 07 is no need to calibrate replacement tps.
The IAT was packed with crud(cleaned it regularly but impossible to really get in there easily) just replaced it, probably do to the blow by so did the bypass.
note:get them from a major dealer online ie: avoid too good to be true prices cause they will send you parts manufactured in 2003 that were probably recalled. also some sensors are known to get lazy,lower gas mileage and die like o2 and heat sensor...

The tss on the 2007 year is not suppose to affect idle but when mine threw a code,my idle felt funny.

next project:got a fuel pump from the fuel pump factory,49$, only thing in the tank i didn't replace.Showing signs of failure but not sure 100%, on a recent hot day with 1.3 gallons in the tank,warmed bike up rode a few miles and idled then it mysteriously stalled..have read that fuel pumps can intermittently fail especially when hot,low fuel and only noticed at first during idle after warm.

my friend has a rushmore and the hoses popped off inside the tank,then the gas cap grew so big it wouldn't fit,not putting them down just saying I know my bike inside and out.

future project. replace ignition with an old school light switch like back in the shovel days,already did the push button on the solenoid.

Last edited by voodoodrug; 09-12-2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: future projects
Old 09-13-2016, 01:08 PM
hdramon07
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New IAC & New TPS (Yes, it has one) fixed mine.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:09 PM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,412 Likes on 1,388 Posts
Default once again,

this forum and its members are the best!

My 2007 RoadGlide started acting up this spring. It would kill at idle and stoplights. Over a month ago b4 Sturgis I cleaned the IAC with a mass airflow spray cleaner. It was very dirty. No problems since then. I was contemplating a service visit until I discovered this thread. I wanted to post a day after my fix but waited a month to be sure (just in case). I'll spend the money I saved on Beer. Thanx to all here.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:32 AM
bellmnbell
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Will now replace IAC to correct Low Idle / Stall condition

When replacing the IAC, can I simply plug the new valve in and start the bike? Is there a recommended pre-start sequence, for example, toggle the RUN switch to set the pintle into "park mode" before starting or unplug the ECM etc.?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by bellmnbell
When replacing the IAC, can I simply plug the new valve in and start the bike? Is there a recommended pre-start sequence, for example, toggle the RUN switch to set the pintle into "park mode" before starting or unplug the ECM etc.?

If it makes you feel better cycle the key a few times but it will find its happy place as soon as you start the bike.
​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
bellmnbell (02-09-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 03:02 PM
srouth
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a link to HD TT410 bulletin? I tried some of the links on here but couldn't get them to work. This has been a problem on my '07 Ultra , but just found the thread. Thanks.

Quick Reply: '07 Idle Issues