Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod interface

Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Way overpriced, considering you can get the same result for about $30 with a headphone line in cable and a cigarette adapter power cable.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

following. I am interested in this I use a ipod in my truck it interfaces with a alpine head unit I love it. I just leave the ipod hooked up all the time it shuts off and on etc. that would be sweet on my bike.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,177 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Originally Posted by bobros
I picked up the modular today and tried to install. I'm no mechanic but I should know enough to hook this up. The directions were a POS and of no help. After about an hour of trying to figure out what wires go where, I gave up. My bike goes in for a 5k service in 2 weeks and I'll wait till them. I've hooked up XM and CB modulars in the past with no problems. Why does HD have to made directions harder to read than the install itself?
i'd like to see those. unfortunately, they are not linked on the hd site like a lot of their parts are. is it possible to scan and post them?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
FLHTim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way overpriced, considering you can get the same result for about $30 with a headphone line in cable and a cigarette adapter power cable
Been using that setup for several years (except for the cig adapter ipod has enough power for a full day) it is almost impossible to change play list while driving due to sensitivity of Ipod. looking foward to be able to change things while driving.

i'd like to see those. unfortunately, they are not linked on the hd site like a lot of their parts are. is it possible to scan and post them?
Today 06:47 PM
If you look under veiw 2 of the part info you will see a parts picture, it seems to be all plug and play except for 1 wire which could be the power line.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,177 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTim
Been using that setup for several years (except for the cig adapter ipod has enough power for a full day) it is almost impossible to change play list while driving due to sensitivity of Ipod. looking foward to be able to change things while driving.

If you look under veiw 2 of the part info you will see a parts picture, it seems to be all plug and play except for 1 wire which could be the power line.
yeah, it does. but that view does not tell you if there is any software type setup that you have to do. i like to fully research stuff before i spend big money on it. and while 350 bucks is not huge money, it is more than i would want to just throw away.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
yeah, it does. but that view does not tell you if there is any software type setup that you have to do. i like to fully research stuff before i spend big money on it. and while 350 bucks is not huge money, it is more than i would want to just throw away.
No software required. It is all plug-n-play. Problem (for me) is finding where it plugs.

Last edited by bobros; 08-11-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Cheaper way

Hi All,

I contemplated that, but first, it's way expensive, (lotta good chrome scratch there). Second, your already an "Apple" computer pro correct, with I-Tunes and all. Burn a CD with all your favorite riding tunes... pop in in the player. No? I love the MOCO, but they sometimes they don't want you to think... just buy.

Dave

Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_E
Hi All,

I contemplated that, but first, it's way expensive, (lotta good chrome scratch there). Second, your already an "Apple" computer pro correct, with I-Tunes and all. Burn a CD with all your favorite riding tunes... pop in in the player. No? I love the MOCO, but they sometimes they don't want you to think... just buy.

Dave
That is a good point with the CDs as I already do that. The one thing is can way more on the ipod. I have 2 ipod nanos because the wife does not use the one we bought here. In a way it would be nice to just plug in ipod and forget about it. Until I change up play lists.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

test rode a CVO Street Glide with one on it in sturgis last week, I liked how it worked with IPOD in saddlebag out of elements and sight. Just wish it wasn't so damn pricey, maybe I'll put it on my Xmas list and wife will buy it for me.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_E
Hi All,

Dave
+1 on that thought. I burn MP3 CD's and can fit around 150 songs on a regular 80mb disk. Don't have to mess around with another device, also much more economic plus I can use the handle bar controls and view the screen!
who needs and IPOD?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPod interface