Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth intercom

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
rick-e-b
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bluetooth intercom

I have a 2007 Roadglide and ride 2-up most of the time. I'm researching bluetooth intercom sets. There seem to be a wide range of prices from cheap on e-bay from China (scary) to $2-300. I would like a set that functions well without yelling, I can do that without intercom. I want something that is easy to use. What kinds do other people use? Are you happy with them? Any suggestions?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:28 AM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scala G4 - end of

Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
BigBen
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have then, but I rode a while with a guy who had the scala. He reported that they worked well, but the battery life was a problem (we were ridding 8 hours a day). He started turning them off when not in use, and then finally discontinued using them and removed from their helmets. He had modular helmets and the wires were somewhat of a problem.

I have a chatterbox. It is an older one without noise canceling microphones. It is basically useless above 60mph. But, I have a roadglide. They may be more useful on a electroglide

Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an early Scala Team Set from about '06. It works well for GPS, phone, & intercom. We have several 10 to 12 hour days without battery problems. I also have friends with the Scala G-4 that report similar service.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scala Seems to work the best, I have an older Q2 and have gone all day, did top off the charge at lunch to be safe. Heard the new G4 has a couple different settings and if you leave it with a Hot Mic, will probably wear the battery down pretty quick..If the Vox is working properly, you will get the day out of it.

Sound quality and mike is very good also.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Dig my SCALA Q2s...awesome.

Have the bases on all my helmets, even my Shoei Multitec modular...don't know why you would have to take it off if you had it turned off though? Maybe something wierd?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,314 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Just finished a 2800 mile trip using scala 2...no problems....worked all day and we charged them at nite in the hotel...they are wire-less helmet to helmet....

Old 10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chatterbox XBi2. 3 of us ran up Blue Ridge Parkway and talked all day. No issues.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:24 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I have a set of the Scala rider; been great and the battery life has been awesome as well. They say you can connect three of them but two is really it; once I tried to get a third unit I had to reset them all. Works great for my phone as well.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:30 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vistavette
I have a set of the Scala rider; been great and the battery life has been awesome as well. They say you can connect three of them but two is really it; once I tried to get a third unit I had to reset them all. Works great for my phone as well.
Yeah, setting the 1st buddy and the 2nd and 3rd is a bit of a pain. I don't know how the G4s work, but if they have done away with the above issue...I say great.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth intercom