Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 254E Cams

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BP - what did u decide on ?

Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Big Pete
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi papifun
Haven't made a final decision on which cam as yet, but so far still leaning towards the 254E for now as bike is only new so think sticking to a SE cam will help if i have any issues with bike, don't want to pull a new motor down to bore out bigger and replace piston and head work just yet that i'll do later on after putting the miles on the bike just want a drop in cam for now, and already have the SEPST so there is a base map there for me too download and play with the smart tune, as i have been looking for a place that dyno tunes here where i live that others are happy with but no luck so far,
wish we had a place like Fuelmoto here in Australia

Regards
Big Pete

Old 01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pete
UPS ships internationally. See if they have a map for your specific setup. I'm gonna do the 107" when the expiration of my warranty is on the horizon, unless they have developed something better by then.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 PM
big6x6
Tourer

I'll be happy to let you know how the 259E cam does next well.. Having the 103 Stage III kit installed on my 2010 Street Glide as we speak!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 254E cam

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi papifun
Haven't made a final decision on which cam as yet, but so far still leaning towards the 254E for now as bike is only new so think sticking to a SE cam will help if i have any issues with bike, don't want to pull a new motor down to bore out bigger and replace piston and head work just yet that i'll do later on after putting the miles on the bike just want a drop in cam for now, and already have the SEPST so there is a base map there for me too download and play with the smart tune, as i have been looking for a place that dyno tunes here where i live that others are happy with but no luck so far,

Regards
Big Pete
Appreciate the thread as I was asking about the 204 vs the 254E, am going to purchase a 2011 RK Deluxe with the 103. Will go with V&H power duals, Monster rounds, Ventilator AC and SE super tuner. I think the 254E will do the trick as I vary my riding from Cruise to some faster throttle depending on conditions.

My next thought is, if I got the super stock heads from Dan Baisley- would this cam still work and pro/cons thanks all.

Can't wait for the new ride.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heath

Last edited by coolerman69; 02-08-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: didnt quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by big6x6
I'll be happy to let you know how the 259E cam does next well.. Having the 103 Stage III kit installed on my 2010 Street Glide as we speak!
Heath doin your build?

Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 AM
parakiller
Road Captain

Just finished installing the 254e on my road king but I will have to wait to let you know how they run since the ground has all this funny white stuff all over it still...*sigh* DAMN YOU WINTER....DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Robert_W
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parakiller
Just finished installing the 254e on my road king but I will have to wait to let you know how they run since the ground has all this funny white stuff all over it still...*sigh* DAMN YOU WINTER....DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
It should melt there.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:52 AM
110inch
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set of 254E cams in my 11 streetglide and have to say I am more then happy with the outcome!! We dynoed my bike bone stock and it made 74hp and 101lbs of torque it is a factory 103. So here is what I did. first I removed the cats from the front pipe and installed v&h big ovals 2. replaced the air cleaner with a hd ventilator 3. installed 254E cams. We put it back on the dyno and used a itt tuner . The results were a whopping 97 hp and 126lbs of torque! Injection connection did the tuning and I highly recommend them. After riding the bike this past weekend I can tell that it is a very noticible change the bike pulls all the way to 6000 rpm and the response is great. The only down side if you consider it a down side is the bike likes to be above 2000 rpm which is fine with me for the amount of power the bike gained. Riding two up and having that kind of torque is a real comfort !! I have to give alot of credit to Chris from injection connection in Horsham pa. for the time he put it to tuning it as that made all the difference!!

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle 254E Cams