Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boots

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockymtnglide
Sidi Canyon's....pricey but good boots.
Sidi On Road Gortex is great too. Very protective, totally waterproof, very high quality and fits well, not cheap though.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Boots are like lids... what fits well and provides great comfort on one person, may be an agonizing experience to another. And then there's the whole, rather subjective, issue of aesthetics. You just have to try them on.

Currently I am usually wearing a pair of Timberland Pro 6" boots with a titanium composite toe. I replaced the stock insole with a pair of green Superfeet and they are super comfortable on and off the bike.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:45 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

I do not own any but I have read nothing but positive comments about Cruiserworks boots. They have been made outside the US for several years but I understand that they are now changing to a US bootmaker. Sidi On Road Goretex are also very positively commented upon. They are made in Italy and you can check them out at most any non Harley bike shop.

I wear HD and Wesco boots. The Wesco are top quality, expensive, and I don't think they will be soft enough for what you want.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i wear whatever work boots i have on at the time. i don't dress for the occasion of riding my harley. usually wolverine's with the duralast sole. i do have some which one of my little buddy's calls "buckaroo banzai kung-fu biker boots", but they're actually chuck taylor converse sneakers.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
monumaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you MUST look at Danner Recon's. the greatest boot in the world. made in the USA. my first pair last 7 years...

Attached Thumbnails Boots-thumbnailcaz92sg2.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Justin slip ons.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 AM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sears Duty 6" or 8" with side zippers is what I wear most of the time !!!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Police tactical boots are great for riding- excellent traction, comfort, and some are waterproof. Original SWAT, Hi Tec, etc- just check out any police supply store or on line.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 AM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legendzzz
Does anyone know of a boot that is soft and easy to move your foot in ? I am a Diabetic and need a soft boot, I have seen Wolverines and they are soft and VERY easy to move and most likely to shift with . Most of the Boots and HD included are CLUMBERS , Thick soul hard to BEND and shift LOL!! You have to be kidding ? Thanks
You might try some of the HiTech police style boots. They are light weight and very reasonably priced. Some are waterproof, and all have non-slip oil resistant soles. I wear them to work often (Sears Craftsman, only $50 on sale).

I also ride with them on work days. I wear engineer boots on most rides.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

U.S. made Red Wing loggers. Lots of guys don't like laces, but I like the adjustable ankle support you get with traditional loggers. 250 bucks for a pair, but they will last many years.

Quick Reply: Boots