Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police style training

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Papatronics
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friction Zone, Control (rear) Brake, Head & Eyes....(your bike goes where your eyes go).

Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Papatronics
Friction Zone, Control (rear) Brake, Head & Eyes....(your bike goes where your eyes go).
you got it my friend.
Kroozeabout.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Get the Ride Like a Pro Video, a tape measure and a bunch of tennis ***** cut in half. The tennis ***** are better than cones because if you run over one there is no harm, plus they carry well.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Get the Ride Like A Pro DVD and practice, practice, practice. It helped me quite a bit and I have turned a few of my friends on to it who use the methods as well. Really a great product.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Motorman10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NCtaxguy
I want to be able to ride my Ultra better in "tight" situations and am wondering if anyone has had success with taking a course aimed at teaching police style riding techniques. Anyone know of a course in NC?
I will be training tomorrow, come on up and I'll teach a thing or two..LOL, bring, elbow pads, knee pads and duct tape for your bike.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..don't try it..you'll shoot your eye out..

Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Here is the link to a thread I started last spring when I was going through motor school. It'll give you an idea what the training is all about.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...or-school.html

Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Personally I don't think the Ride Like a Pro 5 DVD is worth the money. Some of the course layouts are very complex and would be difficult for an individual to set up. I just watched it last week for the second time and just wasn't impressed even the second time around. I'm sure the RLAP course is great, but I don't know many people who would (or could) strictly follow the exercises in this DVD. You would do just as well to go through all of the clips on youtube and get an idea of what RLAP is all about. As stated above...friction zone, rear brake, head and eyes.

And please don't waste your money on RLAP on the Dragon. Probably the biggest waste of $25 in my life. Nearly 15 minutes of still frame pictures of wrecks on the Dragon. Give me a break. If you understand outside-inside-outside and head and eyes you don't need to spend the money on this one either. I don't hesitate to say that this one is a complete joke.

I don't mean to go on a spree bashing RLAP! I'm sure the actual course is very worthwhile, and I would love to take it someday. But I think the videos are lacking for what they are supposedly aimed at - individuals wishing to teach themselves. I think they would be worth it to someone who was about to take an actual RLAP class, to familiarize yourself with some of the layouts.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM
motorlessons
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drop me an e-mail at motorlessons@hotmail.com.

I'll send you back a booklet I wrote. It's free (and worth every penny).

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown

Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Papatronics
Cruiser

For any SoCal riders interested, you can search
'Ride Like A Pro West Coast'......
in the L.A. Area...... nice to see more demand/growth in this area of interest..

Quick Reply: Police style training