Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police style training

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motorlessons
Drop me an e-mail at motorlessons@hotmail.com.

I'll send you back a booklet I wrote. It's free (and worth every penny).

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown
Impressive riding motorlessons, was that you?

Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
motorlessons
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Conehead
Impressive riding motorlessons, was that you?
Some of the videos are me, and some are guys I've trained.

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown

Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quickbiscuit
Personally I don't think the Ride Like a Pro 5 DVD is worth the money. Some of the course layouts are very complex and would be difficult for an individual to set up. I just watched it last week for the second time and just wasn't impressed even the second time around. I'm sure the RLAP course is great, but I don't know many people who would (or could) strictly follow the exercises in this DVD. You would do just as well to go through all of the clips on youtube and get an idea of what RLAP is all about. As stated above...friction zone, rear brake, head and eyes.

And please don't waste your money on RLAP on the Dragon. Probably the biggest waste of $25 in my life. Nearly 15 minutes of still frame pictures of wrecks on the Dragon. Give me a break. If you understand outside-inside-outside and head and eyes you don't need to spend the money on this one either. I don't hesitate to say that this one is a complete joke.

I don't mean to go on a spree bashing RLAP! I'm sure the actual course is very worthwhile, and I would love to take it someday. But I think the videos are lacking for what they are supposedly aimed at - individuals wishing to teach themselves. I think they would be worth it to someone who was about to take an actual RLAP class, to familiarize yourself with some of the layouts.
Understandable points biscuit.

But the OP may not have the experience that you have.

That said, I feel, that any training is better than no training at all. Go as far as letting the student decided whether the training is or will be beneficial to him or her. Even the event of searching out the information on the web may lead to something in his or her area that will give them a leg up.

That is my feeling on any training. Even advanced students may get something out of some of the most simple exercises, not necessarily always, but sometimes. You just never know and we really do not know what the level of skills the OP possesses.

But again up bring up some good points....about the course set up, exercises, and instruction. The actual course would in fact be best. I found it useful and understood the material being delivered (taught). I too feel I would get more out of it at the site by an instructor. The OP may have access to the structured program or have access to a parking lot and equipment. Hell they may even have friends (experienced with riding) to help set up the courses, participate and learn along with them.....

I already see the link from motorlessons, which brings something new outside of MSF and RLAP programs...

Last edited by "Dutch"; 01-25-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Drop me an e-mail at motorlessons@hotmail.com.

I'll send you back a booklet I wrote. It's free (and worth every penny).

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown
Everyone should take-up Harris' offer for a free "booklet"--actually, it's 40 pages of detailed instruction and drills. If there was a rating system, it would get 5 stars out of 5; simply superb!

Carl

Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Everyone should take-up Harris' offer for a free "booklet"--actually, it's 40 pages of detailed instruction and drills. If there was a rating system, it would get 5 stars out of 5; simply superb!

Carl
If Motorlessons offer is open to all; I would be very interested in the information. But I kind of took the post as hey (OP) send me your address in email and I'll send you my booklet.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
motorlessons
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dutch (and everyone),

Sorry for the confusion. It's ABSOLUTELY open to all. Just send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the PDF.

Again it's: motorlessons@hotmail.com

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown

Last edited by motorlessons; 01-26-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quickbiscuit
Personally I don't think the Ride Like a Pro 5 DVD is worth the money. Some of the course layouts are very complex and would be difficult for an individual to set up. I just watched it last week for the second time and just wasn't impressed even the second time around. I'm sure the RLAP course is great, but I don't know many people who would (or could) strictly follow the exercises in this DVD. You would do just as well to go through all of the clips on youtube and get an idea of what RLAP is all about. As stated above...friction zone, rear brake, head and eyes.

And please don't waste your money on RLAP on the Dragon. Probably the biggest waste of $25 in my life. Nearly 15 minutes of still frame pictures of wrecks on the Dragon. Give me a break. If you understand outside-inside-outside and head and eyes you don't need to spend the money on this one either. I don't hesitate to say that this one is a complete joke.

I don't mean to go on a spree bashing RLAP! I'm sure the actual course is very worthwhile, and I would love to take it someday. But I think the videos are lacking for what they are supposedly aimed at - individuals wishing to teach themselves. I think they would be worth it to someone who was about to take an actual RLAP class, to familiarize yourself with some of the layouts.
i could not disagree with you more. you maybe a great rider and didn't find the DVDs informative, but i did. i have been to the basic MSF course and the Skilled Riders school, have been riding streets for three years now and i found a lot of the information a great refresher and i learned a bite too. i got RLP 5 and i really liked it and i recommend it.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Dutch (and everyone),

Sorry for the confusion. It's ABSOLUTELY open to all. Just send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the PDF.

Again it's: motorlessons@hotmail.com

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown
Email has been sent and thank you for the offer. I will never turn down any training or training material. I hope everyone here always keep searching for knowledge and shares that knowledge with his or her riding group. It is the only another way we all will get better along with riding itself.

Everyone stay safe.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Papatronics
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Stuff, Thanks Harris!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Mr. Pking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Booklet Looks Great, can't wait to get out this weekend and have it...

Thanks Harris!

Quick Reply: Police style training