Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wind deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
search my user name . I have done lexan fork mounted wind deflectors. I made a set years ago for my honda shadow and i tried them or a version of them on my glide classic and they really do work. I took mine off last summer and in october I realized id wished they were back on for the cold color tour ride .. Mine were clear but smoke is just as easy to make . I never had a chance to try them on an ultra but they flex enough that I dont think they would hurt the lowers but they would hit them at times. I also didnt have a street glide available to try to work up a pattern for them.. Maybe now that I have a job again I should work on the equipment I need to start making these? at one time I offered a set for someone to try but no one took me up on it ! I can find my pics again if there is some interest and we can go from there. I know how to make them but id have to buy the material and the equipment i need but before I lay out the cash Id like input on if its a worth while move.. To the forum moderators this is once again just a check to see if there is interest . If there is I will not sell or try to sell on this board till I have everything cleared with you . I sure dont want to make anyone mad . If we have enough interest I will take it to a higher level .
I think the interest would be there. If it wasn't for the cost, I'd be modifying a set of the Harley Chrome ones. I just hate to ruin them and have them rust up.
I was thinking about rigging me some out of plexi glass of something just to try.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
search my user name . I have done lexan fork mounted wind deflectors. I made a set years ago for my honda shadow and i tried them or a version of them on my glide classic and they really do work. I took mine off last summer and in october I realized id wished they were back on for the cold color tour ride .. Mine were clear but smoke is just as easy to make . I never had a chance to try them on an ultra but they flex enough that I dont think they would hurt the lowers but they would hit them at times. I also didnt have a street glide available to try to work up a pattern for them.. Maybe now that I have a job again I should work on the equipment I need to start making these? at one time I offered a set for someone to try but no one took me up on it ! I can find my pics again if there is some interest and we can go from there. I know how to make them but id have to buy the material and the equipment i need but before I lay out the cash Id like input on if its a worth while move.. To the forum moderators this is once again just a check to see if there is interest . If there is I will not sell or try to sell on this board till I have everything cleared with you . I sure dont want to make anyone mad . If we have enough interest I will take it to a higher level .
I found the thread you're talking about.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...orking-on.html

If you decide to make them and if you could make a set matching the color and shape of the Freedom Wings (I have the black ones) I'd be definitely interested in buying a set. Also, I never cared for the gap between the edge of the chrome fork deflector and the fork tube. I know the bracket creates an offset but the deflector could be shaped in such a way that the gap is eliminated.

Keep up posted on your progress.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok let me work on is as soon as i get time .. we had a problem yesterday and now my dog has a splint up to her shoulder and im out 313.00 for now ... I am interested in marketing these and I think I could sell them reasonably but you have to remember nothing is cheap anymore. hell shipping kills most all the good deals !.. I do think they look better than harleys chrome stuff . chrome is cool but it must be properly placed to work as eye candy also.. Oh ignore the dog comment if your thinking Im broke Ha ha.. Its just a set back in time and now we have to baby sit a bit to get her back in the game .. I am going to research the equipment i need again this week/weekend .
Im on it guys ........

Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
NoDeal
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested. Smoked for 09 ultra with lowers

Old 03-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Hondo65
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the chrome Harley ones but they are in rough shape and the rest of the bike is mint. I would be interested in smoke ones for '99 Electra-Glide Classic no lowers
Thanks