Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelPak or PowerComander

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:54 PM
FlatBlackGlide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FuelPak or PowerComander

so i have a 2011 SG with wildpig slips 09 SG headers (no cat) Kuryakn hyper charger for my a/c so mu question is can i go with the fuel pak to save some money or do i need the power comander??

Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having had both you would be far better of with the PCV don't waste your time with the VH call Jamie and get it right the first time with support for any future modifications. My bike was still running lean on the VH ran OK but still a to lean their support for maps is not the greatest and they keep it all a secret.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 645 Likes on 513 Posts

another vote for pcv from fuelmoto.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:04 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thunder-Max A/T

Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,874 Likes on 21,748 Posts

Depends on your $ situation, but if you can afford an 11 then I would say in my opiinion that you should go with a "Rev Performance" tuner as it capable of adjusting to any modifications that you decide to make to your new ride, which I would say "congratulations" on gettin. Don't do inferior product. JM-2.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Grummpy Bear
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS would be a better choice for the TBW bikes, a few more tuning peramitors.
I only wanted to do it once so I went with a TTS. Check out cycle rama best price I found.

Oldman Harley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using the FuelPak for a couple of years now and while I am mostly satisfied I should have bought a PCV reason being the FuelPak does nothing in the closed loop throttle area i.e. cooling the engine with more fuel. It does work adequately in the open loop area of throttle position however. But why buy a fuel manager that only works in one area of fuel management instead of the full range of throttle positions.

Tim

tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just bought the power vision from jamie. i'm not going to get that complicated with it, but it will have the maps for my bike without a tune and its a new cool gadget.

tin

Old 03-27-2011, 08:56 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Never owned a fuel management device before and have heard mostly good things about both devices. All things being equal, I went with the PCV because of the positive experiences I've read about on this forum by other users and I like the fact that if I do have any problems, I can call Fuel Moto and use their customer support to get help.

I did the full stage 1 with slip ons, high flow a/c and PCV and killed the cat. My bike runs cooler, sounds much better and runs noticeably stronger than it used to. So far I am very satisfied with the performance of this product and the way I was treated by FM during the sale.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:35 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldman Harley
I've been using the FuelPak for a couple of years now and while I am mostly satisfied I should have bought a PCV reason being the FuelPak does nothing in the closed loop throttle area i.e. cooling the engine with more fuel. It does work adequately in the open loop area of throttle position however. But why buy a fuel manager that only works in one area of fuel management instead of the full range of throttle positions.

Tim
Exactly. I have never had any problems with my Fuelpak and always had great customer service at V&H but I think I would have gone another way to cover future upgrades to my bike. But still running it and Bike runs great.

Quick Reply: FuelPak or PowerComander