Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields ** recommendations **

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshields ** recommendations **

Which aftermarket windshield works for you on your Ultra Glide??
First... I tried a search and the info is scattered and widespread, maybe a condensed thread will narrow it down.
The stock W/S is OK at best. I also have a HD 7" smoked that is good for getting me some air on the warm sunny days.

The problem with this is whenever I go for more than a day ride I have to change windshields in case of rain and at higher speeds I need the fuller protection from bugs and sand/rocks.

I would like a dark tint windshield that gives good protection, looks good and is not a huge barn door, so I'm not continously changing out shields.
What works for you ? I'm 5'11"

Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
fastultra.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LRS 8" Ultra flip currently on my '11 EGlide Classic! This is the 2nd bike for the shield as it was on my '04 Ultra (currently for sale BTW) and will probably buy a new one in the future!

Old 07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Hi zzzcici, I'd be glad to help you get sized up for one of ours if you're interested in trying one out. All of our shields have the flip-up at the top that pushes the air up and over you, allowing you to look over the shield and not through it. Give me a call if you like at 7753313789. We always take care of our HD Forum members as well.
James

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replys. I did look at the LRS shields. With so many manufacturers it is difficult to know how a paticular shield performs just by looks. The LRS looks good.
Since (Fastultra) you are so happy with yours thats the kind of endorsement I was hoping for.
I want my cake and eat it too, I would like to hear the stereo, get good wind and rain protection, get a cool looking tint and a shape/style that compliments the bikes look. So form ,function and good looks, thats it.

longrideshields-1 you'll probbly be hearing from me soon...Thanks

Old 07-07-2011, 05:21 PM
wix
Advanced

I just installed an 8" Wind Vest light smoke. I'm same height. I love it! I have yet tobuse it in the rain, but have 250 miles on it and the performance is great for bugs, wind etc.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Klock Werks 8.5" works well for me. Passenger likes it too.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,097 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZZCICI
Which aftermarket windshield works for you on your Ultra Glide??
First... I tried a search and the info is scattered and widespread, maybe a condensed thread will narrow it down.
The stock W/S is OK at best. I also have a HD 7" smoked that is good for getting me some air on the warm sunny days.

The problem with this is whenever I go for more than a day ride I have to change windshields in case of rain and at higher speeds I need the fuller protection from bugs and sand/rocks.

I would like a dark tint windshield that gives good protection, looks good and is not a huge barn door, so I'm not continously changing out shields.
What works for you ? I'm 5'11"
I know what you mean, I just went through this. I went with the 10" light gray from Freedomshields.com, and could not be happier. I am not saying they are better than the others, but they are without a doubt far, far superior to what HD sells. I am 6'1", and this shield is awesome. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
jukkinator
Cruiser

I currently own the Klock Werks 6.5" & 8.5" shields.

I am 5'11" on a 2010 SG, and with the stock seat, the 8.5" is probably the one for me. No buffeting, some air, can tuck behind it and can see over it pretty well.

I bought the 6.5" first, and though it did cut down some, i still had buffeting problems on my glasses.

Now i am throwing on a Mustang Low Rider seat, which is supposed to drop me down a bit, so i am going to see if the 6.5" is high enough, and the 8.5 may be too high now.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been really happy with my 7" LRS Ultra. If you do alot of highway riding/touring I would recommend something a bit taller.

mikebaby

Quick Reply: Windshields ** recommendations **