Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which driver's backrest???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
JDPower
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD adjustable here. Great to be able to adj on the fly. Totally happy with it.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Have the standard HD backrest kit on my 09 FLHX & it's probably one of the best accessories I added to date. Makes riding much comfier (no lower back stress) and I never adjust so didn't waste extra $$$ on adjustable model. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by scootinz
When you say regular you mean the one without the cable? Anyone know if all the HD pads are the same? Will the same pad fit in either mounting lit (regular or the adjustable one)
When I said regular one, I was referring to the one without the cable. Pads have different stems.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I just picked up a Mustang one from Dennis Kirk for $210 with free shipping.
The leather and the pattern match up perfectly with my 2010 Limited stock seat.
It's slimmer and looks better than the HD ones.
Easy to install, easy to manually adjust, as somebody else earlier stated, it removes easily, (but a thief wouldn't be able to steel the brackets without removing the seat, I'd store it in the tourpac if I'm that worried about some *** wipe ripping it off).
I'm real happy with it.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:01 AM
wkl2546
Advanced

I had the "non-adjustable" mount on and never was able to get it to fit comfortably to my riding position. I switched out and installed the "adjustable" mount. It is awesome.
I'm able to change seating postions on the fly and it makes a world of difference. I
cleaned up (from the OEM install instructions) the adjusting latch and flush mounted it
to the rear heat deflector (as others as previously done).

Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 AM
wulffe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An alternative to consider - Grasshopper Limited in Beloit WI offers a no frills backrest. Won't style match. Won't adjust. But I can use the extra hundred plus dollars for something else. YMMV

http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/

Attached Thumbnails Which driver's backrest???-imag0080.jpg   Which driver's backrest???-imag0079.jpg  
Old 01-05-2016, 07:58 PM
ksaunders3
Stage I
Default Oops!!

Can't believe that I received the RoadKing riders backrest and the mounting bracket for Christmas... Needless to say the rest needs the adjustable mount and/or I need to exchange the backrest. Suggestions?

Old 01-05-2016, 09:42 PM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Holy zombie thread resurrection! Lol

If I were you I would spring for the adjustable mount. I love mine.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:55 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by wkl2546
I had the "non-adjustable" mount on and never was able to get it to fit comfortably to my riding position. I switched out and installed the "adjustable" mount. It is awesome.
I'm able to change seating postions on the fly and it makes a world of difference. I
cleaned up (from the OEM install instructions) the adjusting latch and flush mounted it
to the rear heat deflector (as others as previously done).
I hate to waste money. Hate.

So, I was going to get the non-adjustable one. Then I found out that the fully adjustable one is only about $50 more, so that's what I went with.

Absolutely love it. Easy to adjust angle and height. Easy to adjust angle while riding. There are no "delicate" parts, and nothing is rubbing the paint.

However, the installation instructions are indeed wrong. I even checked with the Service Manager, who takes great joy in busting my ***** when I screw something up, but even he said that they're wrong. They tell you to install the adjuster upside down. If you follow the directions as printed, I wouldn't be surprised if you had rubbing somewhere.

Install it correctly and it's awesome.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 PM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Love my H-D adjustable backrest. Wish it was shorter. One day I will either find or fabricate a shorter arm for it; I want the pad lower on my back. Still love it!

Quick Reply: Which driver's backrest???