Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all "large" riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
01Byte
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Calling all "large" riders

Hey guys,

Bought a 2011 Ultra Classic a few weeks ago. After a few rides I had the HD adjustable rider backrest installed. Today, I took the bike to work (2 hours each way). To be honest, after about an hour it really got uncomfortable. The problem is that I am basically straddling the gas tank.

I am 6'1" and 315 lbs. I'm hoping to hear from others who are my size and what they did in order to get comfy in the seat.

Any thoughts?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:48 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6'5" about 380lbs only have a 32" inseam though but I find the stock seat on my 2011 RGC is pretty comfy I do want to try a tall boy seat though as it's supposed to push you down and back which I think would be great. I find on my dad's 2009 street glide I feel like I'm on top of the tank like you mentioned not sure why it feels so different but it does. I want to push the floor boards forward some and get some 16" bars as I have a very long torso and arms.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Hobbymike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this same set up, did you adjust the backrest back? If I have it completey foward its like strattling the tank but halfway back is where it works for me... I'm nowhere near your height but around 360lbs

Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

On my 06, I have the Tall Boy seat and moved the floor boards up an inch and let me tell you it made all the diffrence. I'm 6'2, 260. Go to the stealership and see if they will mock up your bike to give you an idea.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock seat is not going to work for you. It does not work for me, I'm 6'1", 205 lb. I am currently riding a HD Tall Boy that moves you back 2". The riding position is good but the seat hurts my butt on long rides.

I rode my buddies Classic with a Mustang Super Tourer seat. Most comfortable I have ridden yet. Got one on order.
http://www.mustangseats.com/Categori...ing&reset=true

Old 10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
01Byte
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Woollymonster
The stock seat is not going to work for you. It does not work for me, I'm 6'1", 205 lb. I am currently riding a HD Tall Boy that moves you back 2". The riding position is good but the seat hurts my butt on long rides.

I rode my buddies Classic with a Mustang Super Tourer seat. Most comfortable I have ridden yet. Got one on order.
http://www.mustangseats.com/Categori...ing&reset=true
Hmm, I was looking at the Tall Boy but it states that it's not compatible with the adjustable back rest. Gonna have to take a closer look at the Mustang.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:26 PM
01Byte
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hobbymike
I have this same set up, did you adjust the backrest back? If I have it completey foward its like strattling the tank but halfway back is where it works for me... I'm nowhere near your height but around 360lbs
You know, funny you should say this. I do have the back rest completely forward as I like the back support it offers. I'll try to lean it further back and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hell, Im in the same boat, I sold the deluxe because Im wantin a RG. But Im 6'5 260lbs and the only reason I bought a Softail was because you sit in a Softail, instead of on top of a Touring bike. But, I want to do alot more HWY riding instead of around town bar hopper.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Fattire_Biker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 2011 Ultra Limited and dumped the stock seat. It was too narrow at the nose causing me to ride the tank. I put on a Sundowner which put me back about an inch and spread the legs a bit more.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fattire_Biker
I have the 2011 Ultra Limited and dumped the stock seat. It was too narrow at the nose causing me to ride the tank. I put on a Sundowner which put me back about an inch and spread the legs a bit more.
Let me know if you want to sell your stocker off of your Limited.

Mark

Quick Reply: Calling all "large" riders