Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gloss Black Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:01 AM
TCannon22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gloss Black Exhaust?

Has anyone PC'd there exhaust gloss black?
Pictures?

I've asked around and got some mixed reviews, just curious if anyone has tried it and how it turned out.
I'm thinking about trying it for a winter project.

Thanks

Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

There is a forum member hear that goes by JRK5892 He is a forum sponsor with a powder coating business and he has done some pipes. There is a sub-forum for powder coat in paint in the General Tech Forums. If you start a thread there he will find you, or shoot him a PM. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/powde...and-paint-154/

Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
TCannon22
Tourer

I have done both.
I posted in that sub forum and got one response who said he did his gloss, but they turned dull shortly afterwards.
I sent a PM to JRK and he said that he has done them in the past with good results.
I was actually hoping to get some feedback from people that have done them and see some pictures with any luck.
The sub forum doesn't seem to get much traffic so I thought I'd try in here.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Eric The Welder
Banned

I was actually hoping to get some feedback from people that have done them and see some pictures with any luck.

well here is my bike, gloss black supertrapp with Drilled heat shields. and they were done by the Poweder pro ( JRK5892) i know sean (the guy that does the PC) and he does great work, even when im a pain in the *** and want stuff done same day!! lol

the heat shileds faded or lost some gloss right at the heads, it gets really hot there, but its not noticable unless you right up on it. it could be my motor too, its beefed up a bit with a TMAX auto tuner, so i know its runing good. BUT I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE EM!! and his prices are right on too!!! i think im gonna bring him my floor boards tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gloss black heat shields on the head pipes. They have been on for this past riding season. No problems as they look the same as when I installed them in the spring.

Not a close up but you get the idea.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
benzo
Advanced

Gloss black exhaust is a great idea. Never thought of that until now.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

If you ride anywhere where they salt the roads, you can count on re-coating your exhaust once a year. Not a big deal, but between the road salt and the debris hitting the thing, a black exhaust looks like hell after a year.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Eric The Welder
Banned

decent powder coat is 100% impervious to road salt. and most any other chemicals. i had my pipes done glossy on my sporty and rode the crap out of it, never even chipped. it was perfect. its all in the quality of powder and the guy spraying it.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

had mine powdercoated gloss dulled by the motor and the muffler dulled had ceramic coating with no problems

Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric The Welder
decent powder coat is 100% impervious to road salt. and most any other chemicals. i had my pipes done glossy on my sporty and rode the crap out of it, never even chipped. it was perfect. its all in the quality of powder and the guy spraying it.
It is, but it's not impervious to scratching, which is how it'll fail.

Quick Reply: Gloss Black Exhaust?