Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zippers Thunder Max ECM

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'll beat $789.

Drew

Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm on my 2nd Thundermax, I bought one for my 07 EGC back in 07 when they were new on the market, back then you had two options, the auto tune was optional and it was a seprate module, I bought both. I had a problem with the first unit, called Thundermax and had a brand new unit the very next day, never anymore problems, which is why I bought a 2nd one for the bike I have now. What a lot of people don't realize is the Thundermax cost more because it is a whole ECM, not a piggy back unit, and shop around, like Dr. V Twin says, you shouldn't pay $1k, and I also paid less than $789 for my last one.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a buddy with a 11 Ultra Glide.
Kinda had the fever for em for a couple years. Went to ever demo days within 125 miles.
Rode the Road Glide and the SE road glide. Took the OL with me. Made a big event out of it
They are nice bikes. But one day I got off a SE road glide and got on a SE Street Glide and I said i like the rode glide. The nose is kinda heavy the way I whip it around at stop signs and when I take it it ride kinda swervy i the rear end.
Deceided I was gonna just git a Ultra and found a deal on a 11 limited that somebody bought new. had chrome lower forks done. Skull floorboards front and back and the rear skull floor board covers. Skull break and shifter and some other things. Bike had 1036 miles on her.
Traded my -08 EGS and 5000 and rode her out the door with a new bike payments of 238.00 a month.
OL signed the papers and we rode her home.
Pretty dang happy with it.
My OL even loves the bike.

Got to take some newer pictures of her.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:48 PM
FLHTCU2007Ken
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I'll beat $789.

Drew

Hey Drew, is that price for a Cali-emissions version, because I live in another state?

Let me know,
Ken

Old 12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU2007Ken
Hey Drew, is that price for a Cali-emissions version, because I live in another state?

Let me know,
Ken
How often they check you for emissions onece a year >
Could you not sick yer stock computer in for emissions ?
Or they super bad if they catch you with it on a stop

Old 12-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
Got a buddy with a 11 Ultra Glide.
Kinda had the fever for em for a couple years. Went to ever demo days within 125 miles.
Rode the Road Glide and the SE road glide. Took the OL with me. Made a big event out of it
They are nice bikes. But one day I got off a SE road glide and got on a SE Street Glide and I said i like the rode glide. The nose is kinda heavy the way I whip it around at stop signs and when I take it it ride kinda swervy i the rear end.
Deceided I was gonna just git a Ultra and found a deal on a 11 limited that somebody bought new. had chrome lower forks done. Skull floorboards front and back and the rear skull floor board covers. Skull break and shifter and some other things. Bike had 1036 miles on her.
Traded my -08 EGS and 5000 and rode her out the door with a new bike payments of 238.00 a month.
OL signed the papers and we rode her home.
Pretty dang happy with it.
My OL even loves the bike.

Got to take some newer pictures of her.
Wrong thread?

Originally Posted by cardboard
How often they check you for emissions onece a year >
Could you not sick yer stock computer in for emissions ?
Or they super bad if they catch you with it on a stop
No cats would be the bigger problem for emissions I would think.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by xskuzame
Any one useing a Thunder Max ECM for thier touring model? I'm thinking of poppin for one, but for a thousand bucks, I would like to read some feedback from bikers that have one....
My bike is a 2007 Street Glide with a Power Commander 3 and Sampson 2 into 1 headers.
We find the Thundermax/AT works well for tuning many setups. Because the T-Max is Alpha-N based (tps X rpm) we find them especially useful on higher displacement/high output combinations where higher overlap cams can be somewhat difficult to tune based on MAP. The T-Max uses wideband O2 sensors for full closed loop operation and you have a wide range of tuning parameters that are adjustable in the calibration. In most cases you can load one of the base maps and the AT will take over from there providing a reasonable tune. One thing to note is that the T-Max does not have adaptive knock retard, however most of the timing curves are pretty good. We also have quite a few T-Max calibrations we have developed in house as well.

On a side note if you already have a Dynojet PC III, send me an email and I can send you a map to try which should work pretty well for your setup. You can email me at jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 AM
06UltraBig95
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We find the Thundermax/AT works well for tuning many setups. Because the T-Max is Alpha-N based (tps X rpm) we find them especially useful on higher displacement/high output combinations where higher overlap cams can be somewhat difficult to tune based on MAP. The T-Max uses wideband O2 sensors for full closed loop operation and you have a wide range of tuning parameters that are adjustable in the calibration. In most cases you can load one of the base maps and the AT will take over from there providing a reasonable tune. One thing to note is that the T-Max does not have adaptive knock retard, however most of the timing curves are pretty good. We also have quite a few T-Max calibrations we have developed in house as well.

On a side note if you already have a Dynojet PC III, send me an email and I can send you a map to try which should work pretty well for your setup. You can email me at jamie@fuelmotousa.com
Your guys customer service just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for you guys to do my build in March... bring on spring.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one on my 06 and I am very happy with it. I added 07 headpipes so I could use the O2 sensors.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:08 AM
sdully88
Novice

No one has mentioned the obvious benefit over dyno tuning....not having your scooter flogged to death over and over and over...all those pulls to redline on the dyno no longer necessary so you aren't taking life off your motor!!

Quick Reply: Zippers Thunder Max ECM