Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush pipes...baffle change=remapping?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Street Glide Guy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush pipes...baffle change=remapping?

Quick question... I just put on a set of Rush Big Louie pipes with 2.0 inch baffles on my 09 SG with 96 engine. The quality of the pipes and end caps are impressive to say the least. I love the sound thus far as it is low and rumbles, but in the future I may want to change out the baffles to 2.25 or 2.5 inch. I understand that to do this on my ride I have to remap to adjust the fuel/air flow as the bike wont be able to compensate on its own. What I know about engines can fit in a thimble so...

What all would be involved in being able to put on the larger baffles? Suggestions as to what to buy to make this possible if I decide to? Easy enough to install on my own? Any possible issues or problems with the rest of the engine if I did chhange baffles and remap?

Like I said, I really like the pipes but thus far they have been in the garage.. once I get out and around other bikes I may want a little more edginess...

Thanks!!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Badfinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't changed anything else like your air cleaner you should be fine. Personally. I wouldn't go over 2 inch baffles because it reduces your low end and makes the bike feel weaker when you take off from a stop.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 2.00" is the best overall performing baffle size. Going up to the 2.25" will slightly drop out the bottom end power due to the reduced back pressure. Some type of fuel management system is recommended with the 2.25" baffle. There will be no issues with the engine when used with a fuel management system. I would not recommend the 2.50". The bottom end power will noticeably drop at this size on a stock engine.
-Ryan