Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PYO 10' monkey bagger bar install, wiring!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
JWDMAX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry PYO 10' monkey bagger bar install, wiring!!

I am having a terrible time trying to get the tbw and control wire thru the right hand side. I can get it 3/4 of the way but than the tbw seems to get stuck. I have been working on the right hand side wires for 16 hrs and still no luck...Tried all different ways (together, separate, etc) using silicone spray, wire lube, etc...Does anybody know how to do this? It seems like there is not enough room for the tbw sensor. I have both the tbw wires and the control wires in very tight shrink wrap. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
7Sixpack7
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm livin it right now also. I did the fbw first and then split the remaining wires into 2 groups and heat shrunk them. I have the 10" OEM bars. They are a definite bitch! I still have to install the left side.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I shared some of the things I had luck with in a thread I started, look at my page and click on threads started by me. Guys do a lot of different things, but patience is key. And lots of conduit lube.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JWDMAX
I am having a terrible time trying to get the tbw and control wire thru the right hand side. I can get it 3/4 of the way but than the tbw seems to get stuck. I have been working on the right hand side wires for 16 hrs and still no luck...Tried all different ways (together, separate, etc) using silicone spray, wire lube, etc...Does anybody know how to do this? It seems like there is not enough room for the tbw sensor. I have both the tbw wires and the control wires in very tight shrink wrap. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Your not trying to pull it through with the green connector still part of the wiring are you ?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Glen1978
Road Captain

This is why I dropped my bars and wires off at the local indy......$75 bucks and a $25 dollar tip to get them out in 1.5 hrs was WELL worth it to me. I can tell you this if you monkey with that green plug much your gona have codes and a CEL. Its very finicky. Mine is ran with no heat shrink. My last bike was done the same way and was 6 years old and no issues. My guy says he does all of them that way and never has a problem. Said they pull much easier. Also my green plug never makes the top bend. Its right there at it, plenty of wire. I believe he pulled TBW, then control wires next. Good luck it sucks I know.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 7Sixpack7
I still have to install the left side.
The left side is going to be a walk in the park.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 AM
JWDMAX
Intermediate

There has to be some secret to this....There is no way that PYO will sit there for hours trying to wire up these bars....

Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 AM
JWDMAX
Intermediate

If I get rid of the green TBW plug and just solder the wire up I think this is a bad idea if the TBW sensor ever fails it will not be a quick fix to replace it....but i guess if it every fails nothing will be a quick fix because those wires are so jammed in the bars...Im weary about running the wires without shrink tube and do not want to do this...hmmm

Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get yourself 4' of small chain.......tape the ends and pull it through.....takes 5 minutes!!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
mike 1955
Advanced

Do a search for Bagger Nation Handlebar Install Tips. One of the forum members e-mailed me a copy. (If I knew how to do it, I would send them to you.) Following the directions, I did it in about half an hour. Both sides.

Quick Reply: PYO 10' monkey bagger bar install, wiring!!