Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New oil temp gage

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dparker747
I just installed one two weeks ago, the instructions said to use the air temp harness at the gauge end. The sensor wire connects to the 107 connector (air temp sensor). You unplug the air temp sensor and plug in the wire from the oil temp sensor. The trick was to find the 107 connector. On my Road Glide, it was burried inside the speedo/tac housing.
You're absolutely right, I mounted mine in 2010 and forgot about that. My bad.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04790.pdf

Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Booggerbe17
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silver face gauge

Ok where can i get the brushed aluminum silver face oil temp gauge. The one that goes with the screamin eagle gauges. HD does not offer the gauge anymore. Thanks Booggerbe

Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM
snailhouse_projects
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

i like the fact that the oil guages can be near eachother, i know that i would like to look in one location and see the temp and the pressure. on my softail i have the pressure guage sitting just above the points cover and it can be a pain in the **** to reach around to check pressure while riding.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM
trbo2nr
Stage II

I just installed one two weeks ago, the instructions said to use the air temp harness at the gauge end. The sensor wire connects to the 107 connector (air temp sensor). You unplug the air temp sensor and plug in the wire from the oil temp sensor. The trick was to find the 107 connector. On my Road Glide, it was burried inside the speedo/tac housing.
I just replaced my speakers with the upgraded Boom type. Now that I have the oil temp gauge in-place, I am about to go on a hunt for the 107 connector. If and when I locate, I will snapshot a picture of it.

Bob

Old 02-18-2014, 09:06 PM
BornTexan
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
This part number is for the SG oil temp gauge with the silver face. The black face gauge is part# 75265-04A and it comes with a (metal) bracket. I didn't use the bracket. I used the plastic one from the useless air temp gauge and I relocated the voltmeter where the air temp gauge was so that the 2 oil gauges are together on the right side.
Did the same thing, chunked that worthless air temp (or just how hot is it in my fairing) gauge and out the volt gauge there. Put the oil temp gauge in its place on the right side. Other than having to pig-tail the harness to each gauge it was a fairly simple job.

o~\o

Old 05-14-2014, 03:53 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know, old thread, but for anyone here that has installed the silver face oil temperature gauge, I seem to remember some sort of issue with either the fitment into the panel or some other sort of inconstancy compared with the other factory silver face gauges. I was thinking maybe something about the color of the gauge at night, but wouldn't I use the existing light bulb from the ambient air gauge? I can't remember what the issue or concern was... it's a drag to get old.

At some point I'm going to install the silver face gauges I already bought and thought I would add the oil gauge at the same time. I know some people take issue of the point of the oil temperature gauge but I think it's still better than the silly ambient air temperature gauge.

Once installed, does is look exactly like the original OEM silver face gauges?

Old 05-14-2014, 04:07 PM
2TallGlider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trbo2nr
I just replaced my speakers with the upgraded Boom type. Now that I have the oil temp gauge in-place, I am about to go on a hunt for the 107 connector. If and when I locate, I will snapshot a picture of it.

Bob
The 107 connector for my '09 Ultra was located on the left side of the steering head tucked in amongst the wiring harnesses. On the steering head you will see a small black box mounted with a cable attached to it...that is the 107 connector (if I remember correctly). Just unplug the cable from the black box. I hope this helps.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by trbo2nr

Bob
You have a Road Glide. I just did this. Its inside the Speedo/Tach housing.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:06 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shortleg
How do you use the connecter that goes at the gage end?
Do you reuse the old air temp connecter some how?
Thanks Shortleg[Dave]
Yes...plug and play...locate the air temp sensor, remove the cap and plug the oil temp sending unit to it.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Sparkybob477
2nd Gear

THANK YOU dparker747!!! Been looking for that connector for an hour now!!