Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

king tour pack strength

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:00 PM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default king tour pack strength

I installed one on my FLHT last week and everytime I touch it I feel like I'm going to bust it. I took my wife out yesterday for her 1st ride on the bike and everytime she would adjust herself I would get nervous it was going to crack. I am used to a metal sissy bar and just don't see this tour pack being as strong. Am I crazy or do they need to be handle a little more gently.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:08 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: king tour pack strength

How did you mount it? And is it a Harley tour pak or off brand? If you used the factory frame mount that bolts to both sides and at the back on the tag mount then it is a very strong unit, never had any problem. Now if its mounted to the detachable it is still strong but not as much so as the other, but never in any danger of breaking.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
THABULL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

How did you mount it? And is it a Harley tour pak or off brand? If you used the factory frame mount that bolts to both sides and at the back on the tag mount then it is a very strong unit, never had any problem. Now if its mounted to the detachable it is still strong but not as much so as the other, but never in any danger of breaking.
H-D with quick detach brackets.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
05RdKing
Road Master

I added the removable King Tour Pak to my Road King, and it's plenty strong, I would even say it's just about as strong as the Ultra's - my buddy's Ultra, and the Tour Pak onmy Road King, as about the same strength-wise as far as I can tell - I wouldn't give it a second thougtht to have anyone lean on it, and I've really loaded the thing up, and also added a couple T-Bags to the top - no problem.