Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am a believer

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am a believer

I installed Jackpot HTC ceramic head pipe and auto tune to my Power Vision and what a difference this made. The heat is gone!!! And after three auto tune map changes the bike runs fantastic. I thought the bike ran well with the down load that Fuel Moto sent me, but this takes it to another level.
I had gutted the cat out of my stock header and then had it ceramic coated so I believed that there would be no advantage to going with the Jackpot unit. Boy was I wrong! The heat was kicking my butt and had me looking at a Gold Wing. A nice bike, but no Harley.
I went with the Jackpot because I wanted to add auto tune and did not want to mess with adding the bungs to my stock pipe. I talked to Jamie and he said that there may not be much heat reduction over my stock set up. I thought any would be welcome and I am so glad I did this because this has me back loving my HD.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Awesome, nothing like getting a good return on your investment.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Awesome, nothing like getting a good return on your investment.
Yes sir. The best money I have spent on this bike.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you doing the "pro" or "basic" auto tune?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nirvana
Are you doing the "pro" or "basic" auto tune?
I am using the pro since it comes with the wide band sensors. Basic is for the stock narrow band sensors.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you had to update the tune 3 times?
Are you done tuning now, or are you going to have to make more adjustments.

I am looking at your same set up, PV w/ auto tune, but I don't want my bike to be a tinker toy, meaning I want to set it and forget it. Is that possible, or will you be constantly ****ing with it?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by Steelknee57
So you had to update the tune 3 times?
Are you done tuning now, or are you going to have to make more adjustments.

I am looking at your same set up, PV w/ auto tune, but I don't want my bike to be a tinker toy, meaning I want to set it and forget it. Is that possible, or will you be constantly ****ing with it?
I am done for now. Each time there was smaller and smaller changes. The nice thing is how little time it takes to do this. Turn the bike on and when the power vision comes on select auto tune and then data log. Drive the bike and the the tuner will make changes to the table. When you stop and turn the bike off it saves the new table. Then when you turn on the bike again select auto tune and then down load the new map.
Takes less then 2 min for the whole process. When you are happy with the results you can stop.

The nice thing is any changes you make to the bike you can just auto tune it.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny you should mention the difference ceramic coated pipes make, I tried explaining the difference to a Vance & Hines rep in Daytona last week, his answer was that ceramic coating is like " snake oil". I told my friend to call Jamie (fuel moto) or Frank (Dragos), he'll get a better pipe, for a better price, and no BS.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 AM
03dragonRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Funny you should mention the difference ceramic coated pipes make, I tried explaining the difference to a Vance & Hines rep in Daytona last week, his answer was that ceramic coating is like " snake oil". I told my friend to call Jamie (fuel moto) or Frank (Dragos), he'll get a better pipe, for a better price, and no BS.
I think in this case it is more then the ceramic coating, or it is the added benefit of having the coating on the inside. I had ceramic coated the outside of my stock, but gutted head pipe and that did not fix the heat issue. I think it is also the design of the flow of these Jackpot headers.
The stock one has the large chamber that both head pipes dump into and even after removing the cat you still have that chamber slowing down the flow allowing the hot gases to remain under your foot longer.
So my thought is it is the combo of ceramic coating on inside/outside and the flow of these headers that has removed the heat issue.
Well worth the price!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:34 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic! It's great when plans come together!!

Quick Reply: I am a believer