Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedy Bleeder install help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Speedy Bleeder install help

Since I am waiting for my heads to come back I figure I would install the speedy bleeders. Rear one went in no problem, bleeder is on rear of caliper and only got a drop of brake fluid out when I removed the old bleeder.

Front ones are a different story, the bleeder is in the brake line where it attaches to the caliper. I put a half inch wrench on the larger bottom part and started to remove the top (bleeder) and brake fluid started draining out so I tightened it back up.

Question: It seems that the fluid will just keep leaking, so how do I get the new bleeder in without losing all the fluid? Or will it eventually stop coming out since I am not putting any pressure on the master cylinder?

Old 03-09-2013, 03:10 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
Since I am waiting for my heads to come back I figure I would install the speedy bleeders. Rear one went in no problem, bleeder is on rear of caliper and only got a drop of brake fluid out when I removed the old bleeder.

Front ones are a different story, the bleeder is in the brake line where it attaches to the caliper. I put a half inch wrench on the larger bottom part and started to remove the top (bleeder) and brake fluid started draining out so I tightened it back up.

Question: It seems that the fluid will just keep leaking, so how do I get the new bleeder in without losing all the fluid? Or will it eventually stop coming out since I am not putting any pressure on the master cylinder?
I just removed the stock bleeders and installed the Speed Bleeders. If any fluid was lost it didn't matter because I bleed the all three brake lines until all the old fluid was out and new fluid was in. If you have over 10,000 miles on the bike and never changed out the fluid, nows a perfect time to do it. Also clean out the black residue that is probably on the bottom of your master cylinders.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont worry it will stop loosing fluid when it runs out...

Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

No problem just replace it, I lost fluid too. Leave the master cylinder cover on. Then bleed the system afterwards, both front and rear.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by casique
No problem just replace it, I lost fluid too. Leave the master cylinder cover on. Then bleed the system afterwards, both front and rear.
Thanks, that is the plan once I get the bleeders in, full flush.
Just didn't want brake fluid running all over the place and didn't want all the fluid to leak out of the master cylinder.
BTW....I have ABS

Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
Thanks, that is the plan once I get the bleeders in, full flush.
Just didn't want brake fluid running all over the place and didn't want all the fluid to leak out of the master cylinder.
BTW....I have ABS
So do I....No worries.....Just protect your paint from the fluid....