Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 03:43 PM
FrankEV
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryJ View Post
Am I the only one who cares about this level of detail?
No you are not. If things should match, they SHOULD match. However, I had to go the other way because I HATED those studs. Started when I had to change to a Reach Seat (no studs), then got rid of the Saddlebags (for more than one reason but the studs was one BIG reason) and replaced them with LeatherPro bags. Sill have the tank bib on but just havn't taken the time to find what I want to swap it out with. If you could find the studs (did not look to see if H-D sells them seprarately), I bet Lonnie at Grasshopper would put them on one of his Backrests for you. Great backrest for the price.

BTW, welcome to the Forum and the '18+ Heritage Owners Club.

Last edited by FrankEV; 05-26-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:01 PM
TxSpeedster
Supporter
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dusturbd View Post
I would say depends on your ridding type
lots of in town stop light to stop light then torque all the way
hours at a time on the interstate at higher rpm than I might lean to horsepower
Originally Posted by Phil13 View Post
I usually ride in the 3 - 3 1/2 rev band so I will fit a torque cam when funds allow.
I commute in the DFW MetroMess, with much more stop and go than I would like. On the road I really prefer secondary routes as opposed to the interstate. Usually the super slab is for when I am on a tight schedule or there is no viable alternative.

The horsepower cam looks inviting when viewing dyno charts, but who is really riding a Heritage at 4,000 to 5,000 rpm regularly enough to justify it? Iím glad our rides can do it, but after hitting the limiter a few times I wondered how many here have gone for the horsepower over torque.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:34 PM
Superdog3:16
Road Warrior
Received 130 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil13 View Post
I usually ride in the 3 - 3 1/2 rev band so I will fit a torque cam when funds allow.
Me too! Hopefully at 1K service if funds allow. My stage 1 107 pulls like a freight train. They say a cam upgrade does more for performance than anything. Stage2 on my bike will be N A S T Y !

Old 05-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Another Old Timer
Senior Rider
Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts

Torque cam on my 114 Heritage, everything else stock.

10 K miles on it so far, could not be happier.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:12 PM
Pothole914
Road Warrior
Received 530 Likes on 317 Posts

Torque cam on my 114 Heritage, stage II with Rinehart slip ons.

41,000 + miles and it is great. Bike pulls like an ox. I know most don't but, I pull a camper with mine. I crossed the Smokey Mountains with the camper, 6th gear, cruise locked on at 70, never lost more than 2 miles an hour. I love it.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:00 AM
Thingfish
Elite HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 419 Posts

Torque cam with about 15,000 miles and zero regrets. Great on back roads and my daily commute at 85+. Pulls strong from 1800 to 4800 rpms which is stupid fast in 6th gear. HP cam might be fun once in a while, but the torque cam covers you all day in every situation. It’s a nice arm straightener.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:39 PM
East Coast Chuck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeRides View Post
I bought mine in Sept, '17 and it started doing it almost immediately. The first year it was about like yours, just an aggravation but I could still read everything. Lat fall it got to where it was covering that whole bottom window. Couldn't see gas gauge or anything else. After photo documentation from day 1, the dealership finally replaced it under warranty. So far so good. Good luck...take pics!
I also got mine in Sept 2017 but was trouble free until about a month ago. Thought I had gotten lucky, but not so much 😕. Odd thing is that mine only does it when Iím riding. It can sit in the baking sun all day and no condensation at all, but after an hour or so riding and it starts to appear. Hopefully the dealer will replace under warranty, but curious whether anyone else experienced the same thing?

Old 06-02-2019, 03:53 PM
TxSpeedster
Supporter
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Old Timer, Pothole and Thingfish! That was exactly what I was after; the experiences of Heritage 114 owners who installed their Stage II with Torque Cams. Now to sort AC and pipes.

Anyone tried the classic S&S teardrop with Bassani True Duals yet?

Old 06-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Thingfish
Elite HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 419 Posts

[QUOTE=TxSpeedster;18300639]Anyone tried the classic S&S teardrop with Bassani True Duals yet?

That sounds like a nice combo. Iíve had S&S teardrops (carbs too) in the past and always happy with the looks and perf. As for Bassani, I have extended personal experience with their Neighbor Hater slip ons with a 114 Heritage and am a big fan of the sound and perf. I had their DNT on a RK and loved those too...True Dual would be a great look on the Heritage...Iíd love to hear them if you go for it.

The following users liked this post:
UncleHarry (06-24-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Buster217
Senior Rider
Received 174 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by East Coast Chuck View Post
I also got mine in Sept 2017 but was trouble free until about a month ago. Thought I had gotten lucky, but not so much 😕. Odd thing is that mine only does it when Iím riding. It can sit in the baking sun all day and no condensation at all, but after an hour or so riding and it starts to appear. Hopefully the dealer will replace under warranty, but curious whether anyone else experienced the same thing?
Happened on my '11 Fatboy and my '18 Heritage. One of the factors that will influence future purchase decisions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: