2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by TxSpeedster
Thanks Old Timer, Pothole and Thingfish! That was exactly what I was after; the experiences of Heritage 114 owners who installed their Stage II with Torque Cams. Now to sort AC and pipes.

Anyone tried the classic S&S teardrop with Bassani True Duals yet?
Listening to the Bassani dual fishtails I’ll say I think Samson’s generally sound better. I like Bassani pipes, but their fishtails sound higher pitched and raspy. Personal taste, but I’d try to listen to them before buying.

Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 PM
g.pederson
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What has anyone done for aftermarket wheels? I am looking to go to mag style as not a fan of the laced wheels. So far I tried Ultima Wheels which the bearings went in 100km. When being replaced it was noted by the retailer here that play between the bearing in the spacer was normal. Suffice to say I know it is not especially 3-4mm and wasn't going to prove it by blowing a second set of bearings.

Second attempt was to see if I could fit the new Annihilator 18" wheel from the Sport Glide to the Heritage. And that turned out to be a no as the hub offset is different or centering the tire even though axle, ABS spacer and FL front end.

I just don't see spending the PM cost for wheels so looking for what others may have found worked.

Thanks for any feedback.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle G. (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Marks57
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice looking bike

Originally Posted by ltmdl90

Mine with only 1,300 miles

Old 06-03-2019, 07:22 PM
KMBike
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you like Wild1 Outlawz 14” Bars? I am looking to change out my bars and those were on my list. Do you have any other pics of how they look?

Old 06-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Since 1968
Road Master
Received 449 Likes on 295 Posts

This would seem to be a good place to make my first post. I'm putting break-in miles on my new 2019 FLHCS. I had the HD stage 2 torque cam installed before I picked it up. I left the exhaust stock for now, tuning by Screaming Eagle. I will move to a 2 into 1 exhaust to push for more torque, not too concerned about exhaust note. I'll make this change after I have enough miles to feel confident that warranty won't come into play in a big way, likely after 2 or 3k miles. I plan to buy a Power Commander tuner and get it dyno'd. This worked really well on my '07 Road King. Having said that, it's already running incredibly well. There is not much to dislike. My only real issue is the passenger seat accommodation. I am looking at an Ultimate seat complete with sissy bar relocation, but would like to hear from someone who actually has it and has done some interstate travel....

Old 06-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Since 1968

This would seem to be a good place to make my first post. I'm putting break-in miles on my new 2019 FLHCS. I had the HD stage 2 torque cam installed before I picked it up. I left the exhaust stock for now, tuning by Screaming Eagle. I will move to a 2 into 1 exhaust to push for more torque, not too concerned about exhaust note. I'll make this change after I have enough miles to feel confident that warranty won't come into play in a big way, likely after 2 or 3k miles. I plan to buy a Power Commander tuner and get it dyno'd. This worked really well on my '07 Road King. Having said that, it's already running incredibly well. There is not much to dislike. My only real issue is the passenger seat accommodation. I am looking at an Ultimate seat complete with sissy bar relocation, but would like to hear from someone who actually has it and has done some interstate travel....
Congrats and welcome. I usually go full tuner and Dyno on my bikes.....so far I’ve got 15,000 miles on my 114 stage 2 torque cam with SE tuner and some slip-ons...literally the bike runs flawlessly. I see no need for further tuning at this point. You may feel differently, but you may be surprised.

Haven’t found ideal passenger acommodations, but mine rides her own so I haven’t looked too hard either. Good luck and enjoy the bike!

Old 06-04-2019, 12:24 AM
TxSpeedster
Cruiser
Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Listening to the Bassani dual fishtails I’ll say I think Samson’s generally sound better. I like Bassani pipes, but their fishtails sound higher pitched and raspy. Personal taste, but I’d try to listen to them before buying.
Lol, I’m kinda raspy myself. I prefer Bassani over Samson due to equal pipe lengths for both cylinders. I got to hear the Bassani pipes on a Heritage at Maverick H-D. Same bike, without the annoying cackling, as in this video:

They do not sound bad. I intend on getting the basic pipes without fishtails and work from there.

The following users liked this post:
Tom Thompson (06-27-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 12:42 AM
TxSpeedster
Cruiser
Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryJ
Am I the only one who cares about this level of detail?
Originally Posted by FrankEV
No you are not. If things should match, they SHOULD match.
Amen to that. And the Sundowners for Heritage: Studs in the pillion, no studs on rider saddle. Brilliant. You can get ‘Defiance’ everything from grips to bolt covers, but can’t match something as basic as Heritage seats. I don’t mind the studs, but it is all or nothing when building my ride.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:34 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by TxSpeedster
Lol, I’m kinda raspy myself. I prefer Bassani over Samson due to equal pipe lengths for both cylinders. I got to hear the Bassani pipes on a Heritage at Maverick H-D. Same bike, without the annoying cackling, as in this video:

Heritage Bassani True Duals

They do not sound bad. I intend on getting the basic pipes without fishtails and work from there.

Good to know. I only heard the vids, so you hearing them in person is way better. I like them without the fishtails too. Probably improves the sound I bet. They look good. I know their quality is top notch.

that vid is hilarious. Love how much it makes him laugh. Sounds pretty good too. Little on the loud side haha. The vids on Bassani website sound awful to me, but this vid and hearing them live sounds better.

Last edited by Thingfish; 06-04-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:28 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Earlier I misstated I’d heard Bassani Neighbor Haters and liked them...they are Cobras. Oops.

that Bassani fishtail dual video above is a lot of fun with earphones btw.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread