Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FLHTK Driver Mic Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:03 PM
mgardner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FLHTK Driver Mic Issue

Hi all - hoping for a simple fix to this but fearing it won't be. Symptom is intermittent loss of the pilot mic for intercom or CB operation. Tested the headset and problem is with all headsets tested, so seems to be in the bike. Problem may be heat related. Was on a long hot ride yesterday and everything worked flawlessly, stopped for lunch and when came back out the pilot mic wouldn't work. I could hear CB and intercom but not transmit. Stopped later for a break and when we started up again it worked. Then at next stop when we got ready to go again it wouldn't work. Passenger mic works, and I can hear but not respond. Passenger can transmit to CB.

Also - when this happens the PTT button works but nothing is transmitted. Buddy on his bike says he can hear someone has keyed the mike but only static when I try to transmit. On the intercom there is no recognition that I am speaking at all, even with the VOX all the way open.

The girlfriend and I ride a lot together and the ability to chat keeps her happy and willing to ride, so interested in getting this sorted.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I might check? I haven't done anything to the bike recently that might have pinch or shorted a wire.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by mgardner; 07-06-2015 at 01:07 PM.