Notices
Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche radio cover

 
  #1  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:25 AM
Mikes145's Avatar
Mikes145
Mikes145 is offline
Road Captain
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: S/E Michigan
Posts: 646
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Scosche radio cover

I lost my Scosche radio cover while riding last night. It flew off while riding and I went back but couldn't find it. I have the Scosche HDWS1B. Does anyone make a better one that doesn't come off easily? This happened once before but I caught it while riding on the freeway. I've read some reviews where people have wrapped it in tape to make the gasket bigger. I have the cover for my Kenwood HU fyi.
 
  #2  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 AM
cprhed's Avatar
cprhed
cprhed is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,784
Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
  #3  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 AM
mmats69's Avatar
mmats69
mmats69 is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 463
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

The biketronics will fly off as well. I only used mine if the bike was parked outside. Took it off soon as I went to ride.
 
  #4  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:00 AM
SBates08's Avatar
SBates08
SBates08 is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake, Ms
Posts: 8,605
Received 616 Likes on 523 Posts
Default

Get the BT68 from Biketronics. You will not lose that one.
 
  #5  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 AM
SBates08's Avatar
SBates08
SBates08 is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake, Ms
Posts: 8,605
Received 616 Likes on 523 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmats69
The biketronics will fly off as well. I only used mine if the bike was parked outside. Took it off soon as I went to ride.
The BT68 cover will not fly off.
 
  #6  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:09 AM
mmats69's Avatar
mmats69
mmats69 is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 463
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SBates08 View Post
The BT68 cover will not fly off.
Yes it will.

Caught mine at the last second many a time...

Edit: I will say at the beginning it held on quite well. Over time is when it started to fall off and I eventually lost it.
 

Last edited by mmats69; 03-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.
  #7  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Weeboy1's Avatar
Weeboy1
Weeboy1 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 627
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Default

I had both the scosche and bt66. Both would not stay put.
Preferred the look of the scosche but could not adapt gasket to fit.
ended up sticking with the bt but added small strips of black ď3M Dual LockĒ Velcro like product that was not hook and loop.
small strip on right and left side. Itís black so you donít really see it. Can hear the bt cover click into place. Never budged since.
 

Last edited by Weeboy1; 03-14-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Additions
  #8  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:51 AM
cprhed's Avatar
cprhed
cprhed is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,784
Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
I had both the scosche and bt66. Both would not stay put.
Preferred the look of the scosche but could not adapt gasket to fit.
ended up sticking with the bt but added small strips of black ď3M Dual LockĒ Velcro like product that was not hook and loop.
small strip on right and left side. Itís black so you donít really see it. Can hear the bt cover click into place. Never budged since.
if you get a chance, can we get a pic of that? I am very interested in how folks solve small issues like this.
 
  #9  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:59 AM
SBates08's Avatar
SBates08
SBates08 is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake, Ms
Posts: 8,605
Received 616 Likes on 523 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmats69
Yes it will.

Caught mine at the last second many a time...

Edit: I will say at the beginning it held on quite well. Over time is when it started to fall off and I eventually lost it.
Man that's strange. I've been using mine for 5yrs or better and it's never attempted to fall off. It's even a pain for me to take it off. Makes me wonder if the inner fairing molding at the HD plants aren't exactly the same from every mold.

I will add that my inner is painted so not sure how much difference that may make however I never had issues with the cover before paint.
 

Last edited by SBates08; 03-14-2019 at 09:00 AM.
  #10  
Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 AM
Weeboy1's Avatar
Weeboy1
Weeboy1 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 627
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SBates08 View Post
Man that's strange. I've been using mine for 5yrs or better and it's never attempted to fall off. It's even a pain for me to take it off. Makes me wonder if the inner fairing molding at the HD plants aren't exactly the same from every mold.

I will add that my inner is painted so not sure how much difference that may make however I never had issues with the cover before paint.
that paint may be just the extra friction it needs.
my bt always felt firmly in place but rarely stayed there.
will try and get pics but bike still hibernating. Will see what I can do, (should go check on my lil buddy anyway!)
pretty straight forward tho, about 1.5 ď strip on each outer side of cover and corresponding spot on fairing.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: