Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Control for Intercom, CB, Radio

Old 09-02-2013, 04:01 PM
glarkin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Control for Intercom, CB, Radio

I recently installed a CB, Intercom on by Street Glide, bought all of the parts to install. The front works great, however the passenger does not. The volume control does not work the volume, says mute when I work the front volume control and no way to switch. I have to turn the speaker switch back and forth each time for the passenger to hear the music or use the intercom. Also When a CB breaks in from a trucker, the back sound goes off and you have to toggle back and forth. I have a 2011 Street Glide, I hope i was able to explain. Any help would be appreciated. Just wondering if I suppose to wire the back different on a 2011 than just plug and play. Without the switching back and forth and no controls in the back, it actually works well for hearing the radio and using the intercom.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:58 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

is this a HD CB/Intercom setup or is it aftermarket?

Old 09-03-2013, 06:40 AM
glarkin
Novice

It is Harley Davidson and I used all recommended parts.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

stupid question for ya.. did you bring the bike to the dealer to have the head unit flashed to accomodate the rear speaker outputs and rear controls. I don't think there is a flash specifically for the rear controls but there is for the rear speakers and that would explain the issues you're seeing. On the SG, the rear outputs are active but the flash needs to be done to allow fading and I would assume to also allow the use of rear controls.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 PM
glarkin
Novice

I took to dealer and had them finish up, and I guess I need to take back. but thought it might be something I can fix. Honestly I don't have a lot of faith in the dealer or even Harley Davidson any more. I tried to reach out to Harley and they have turned off their website. I am afraid they are getting to big and moving back towards AMF days.

I was not sure if there was any special wiring to do on a 2011 Street Glide.

Thanks for you help, much appreciated. Any ideas are appreciated, I will take in tomorrow and listen to their excuses and keep everyone informed.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The rear control is what should work the rear volume, not the front controls. They work independently of each other.

It sounds like if you have to move the speaker switch for the passenger to hear anything then something may not be wired correctly.

As far as the CB breaking and interupting, it is supposed to. If you are not using the CB at the time you can turn it off and leave the intercom active. That will eliminate that problem. If you are using the cb at the time then it is working as it is supposed to.

YOU SHOULD NOT have to get anything flashed for the intercom/cb set-up. The only thing that the flash will accomplish is adding the read fader controls for the speakers. That is not necessary when using headsets only.

This is a good video to watch for operation: