Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Canadian Pricing (OTD, Discounts, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 05:49 PM
jackolo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Pricing (OTD, Discounts, etc)

I've owned a few used Sportster and am close to buying my first new Harley Dyna. A local dealer has a Dyna I'm interested in. I'm just wondering if any Canadians want to share their experiences and advice for negotiating with Canadian Dealers.

​If there is already a thread like this, please delete. I saw model specific threads for this but it's mainly US pricing and
I imagine Canadian Dealers may operate differently.

Thank you

Old 08-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Newfie
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

In Nova Scotia currently offering 2K of MSRP. However they wouldn't match New Brunswick's deal which it about the same but with $500 credit on parts and accs.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:30 PM
jackolo
Cruiser

I noticed local dealers posting $2k off Softail models and 0.99% financing.
I also notice there seems to be plenty of them sitting on dealer floors still.
A few months back I saw $2k discounts on the new Roadster with $750 in store credit.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,654 Likes on 3,222 Posts

Originally Posted by jackolo
I've owned a few used Sportster and am close to buying my first new Harley Dyna. A local dealer has a Dyna I'm interested in. I'm just wondering if any Canadians want to share their experiences and advice for negotiating with Canadian Dealers.

​If there is already a thread like this, please delete. I saw model specific threads for this but it's mainly US pricing and
I imagine Canadian Dealers may operate differently.

Thank you
I see you're in Edmonton as I am, so I'll offer my experiences in dealing with the two local dealers.

Back in 2012 I'd made up my mind to get my first Harley, and I had settled on a Fat Bob. So I visited the dealer on the south side because they had one in stock in the color I wanted.

After discussing the bike a bit with a salesman I wanted to talk numbers. It was July and I knew the new 2013 models would be hitting the sales floor in six weeks so I figured they might be willing to deal a bit on the price of a '12 model.

When I ran this by the salesman he pretty much laughed in my face. "These are Harleys. The price is the price. If you don't want to pay it, the next guy will" is what he told me.

Twenty minutes later I'm walking into the dealership on the north side. They didn't have a Fat Bob in the color I wanted, but they had one in my second color choice.

Couple hours after that I'm riding home on my new Fat Bob. None of the snotty attitude I experienced at the first dealership, and I got a nice discount on the bike plus some goodies thrown in the deal including free first service.

Now granted this was five years ago, but the salesman I had the bad experience with at the first dealer still works there. And the salesman I bought my bike from still works at the second dealer.

Good luck in your search!

Old 10-03-2017, 08:22 AM
bedrock1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys here is my experience I'm from newfoundland I decided this year I wanted a new street glide special. I went to the HD dealer here to get a price on the bike they told me it was going to be a few months to get the bike I wanted and they wasn't given me much of a price on the new and my fat bob I was trading in, so I started calling around different dealer and told them what the price the other dealer was given me I end up purchasing a bike in saskatoon Alberta they give me a better price on the bike and on my trade in free shipping to get the bike to me and throw in accessories I couldn't believe the difference so check othere dealers if u don't think u are getting the best deal good luck

Last edited by bedrock1; 10-03-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 PM
HarleyBP
Road Master
Received 101 Likes on 93 Posts

Talk to at least 3 different Dealers. You will start to get a pretty good idea about what a realistic OTD price is.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:07 AM
ryan_vice
4th Gear

Hey,

I grabbed my 2005' Touring for 4 grand from a local dealer. Apparently, the owner was tired of trying to sell it on ebay and sold it back to this dealership. I contacted the dude and he directed me to the dealer. Easy bargain!

Old 10-21-2017, 10:18 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Best time to get a deal is on those special days some dealerships have. Like season opening day or customer appreciation day.
Bike shows can be a good time too.