Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Robert Goodman
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paleface, is that a Maryland tag on your perfect Keystone? Had one on the Fat Boy I just totaled. :-( Healing and soon to be wheeling & dealing for my next scoot. Either a Keystone or a different color Keystone!
So, how is the seat for 300 miles a day riding?

Old 09-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Paleface
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is a md tag. In OC for bike week as we speak. I'm getting older so it's a little stiff for my boney ***. The rear seat is worse on my wife lol.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Paleface
Intermediate

Are you still riding??

Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Got one on the way! Stay tuned...
Yes, still riding. Wife has "new" '16 Road Glide now. My TM should be here around 2 - 3 weeks. We ride with HOG Old Glory HD (Laurel MD) chapter.

Last edited by Robert Goodman; 10-11-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Answering replies
Old 10-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Paleface
Intermediate

Wow you are close! Im in Columbia. Old Glory is no help with my Keystone. I go to Annapolis for everything. They will work on it and help find the parts for me. Rommel has been awesome!!

Old 10-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Just checked with them T.M of Colorado for TM manuals. No such luck.

Last edited by Robert Goodman; 10-12-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: new info
Old 10-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Originally Posted by Paleface
Wow you are close! Im in Columbia. Old Glory is no help with my Keystone. I go to Annapolis for everything. They will work on it and help find the parts for me. Rommel has been awesome!!
My bike is a week or two out. Coming from Texas. Yea, Old Glory techs don't seem to think much of it. More money for Rommel or Annapolis. I reside in Crofton.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Paleface
Intermediate

C and C Cycle in Odenton is a lot of help also!! Are u on FB?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Contact Le Pera. They built a custom seat for me and it was perfect. The price was not much more than the standard seat they make..

The following users liked this post:
Paleface (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 01:43 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Originally Posted by Bill Phillips
I own a 2007 Thunder Mountain Custom Cycle Keystone, and rode it to Wendover, Utah from Annapolis, Maryland. I raced it on the Bonneville Salt Flats' one mile course, and achieved membership into the 130mph Club in September of 2009. Then rode her back to Annapolis, Maryland. I rode out again this year, but failed tech inspection for having the wrong speed rating on my front tire for the 150 mph Club. My fault, I check my rear tire only for the V rating, and assumed the front was a V rated tire. My Keystone which I purchased New from our Dealership has over 22,000 hard miles on it. For Bonneville's World of Speed 2011, I'll be running Harley's New 120R Race Engine, and AVON's V rated tires. These motorcycles were built to be ridden, not trailered. My first T.M.C.C. was a 2005 Blackhawk 240, which I rode to San Diego, California from Annapolis, Maryland in 56 hours actual riding time with my old Service Manager, Mike Dolinger, and Parts Counterman, Harry Klein WITHOUT A CHASE TRUCK. I wanted to prove to my Customers the duribility of the product. All of the people that ever said anything bad about to the product to our TEAM and I, when asked if they owed one or rode one, they said no, they were told by a friend.
Bill Phillips
General Manager
Harley-Davidson of Annapolis
410-263-3345

My reason for being here is that I do not see a lot of chatter about these bikes. I know the company went out of business. Yeah, they didn't know too much about economics, but they did build some gorgeous machines before they left. All with mostly HD parts! Mine has the Screamin' Eagle 110, Baker six speed, all HD controls wiring, lights, brakes, and instruments, all posted to a super stretch gloriously painted custom frame that is so well balanced, it nearly stands up by itself. I know I have heard some bad stuff about these bikes, but then how many people are actually posting threads to the forum when everything is working great?

I’d like to get some honest intel on these machines, the company, and who is riding these. Perhaps get some chatter going so we can help one another with questions, information, etc. I know I have lots of questions about my bike and would like to share them with some other folks who own the Thunder Mountain products.

So – is anyone out there riding a Thunder Mountain? I’d like to talk with you. Good or bad news. Send a note, post a thread. I’ll be in touch.

Thanks for reading and ride safe.
[/QUOTE]
Hi Bill. Just took delivery of a 2007 Keystone. I'm in Crofton MD, are you still at HD of Annapolis? Old Glory doesn't seem interested in servicing the bike so I'll be looking for that and just general info, spares, bags, etc.

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper