Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Streetbob(pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Streetbob(pic heavy)

Hey guys,

I've kind of figured out the direction that I will be going with my Streetbob.
Some back story,

I got the bike used at a car dealership last August with 1000 miles, for 8600(then told them about my trade in Vstar that i got 1500 for. )Walked out with her for 7100. Not bad for a 20 year old.

It already had that bars

(14's) and fairing on there, I'm not sure which ones they are(If any one tells me, I'll owe you a beer. )

This was the day at the Dealership

All smiles as I sat on her for the first time

Got a little wet on the 200 mile ride home

First mod I did was take off that ugly grey color battery cover trim. I took a windshield bag that I had laying around, matched up the holes, drilled them, and now have a nice place to hold my papers, and some small tools.

Then I bought some highway pegs off of ebay, and sanded them down, sprayed them with Self-Etching Primer, then covered with the Harley Textured Paint. It's held well for the last 500 miles, sure as hell beats the cost of powdercoating.

Doing the same thing with a quick detatch sissy bar

I've bought a seat from a fellow user here that is on its way to my garage, some hand guards, and passenger pegs with mounts from ebay(man i love ebay.)

I plan on wanting to follow suite with some of the guys on here, and adding an engine guard, and the Touring lower fairings. I also want to do hard bags that are quick detach, similar to the Dyna Switchback.

So, what do you guys think? Suggestions? Comments? I'll be updating this thread as my blog for my bike as I take cool trips, and add more stuff onto the bike. Thanks for lookin.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser

My parents got me this Derby cover, brake fluid cover, and a timing cover that all matched for my bike, I brought back the timing cover, I like the Twin Cam USA one that comes with it....

Old 01-24-2015, 04:41 PM
RustyCage
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice dude! I spent 10 years in Vegas...ride safe man, lotta idiots out there!

Old 01-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RustyCage
Nice dude! I spent 10 years in Vegas...ride safe man, lotta idiots out there!
Thanks man. I moved from Southern Idaho, where I lived in a real small town back to Las Vegas( I lived here as a little boy). Drivers are pretty stupid. It kind of weirds me out riding here in the city. I've been here since October and I've already had quite a few close calls. I have missed living here in the city though.
The one thing I can say that I don't know about Nevada is the helmet law. I don't agree with seatbelt laws, or helmet laws, but that's a whole nother conversation. icon_viking

Old 01-24-2015, 05:17 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I think you've done a really nice job with it. Pics in current form would be nice. As for direction, I'd keep going on the comfort train, maybe shocks front and back to compliment the new seat. Are you comfortable with your hands being above your shoulders?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser

Originally Posted by robbyville
I think you've done a really nice job with it. Pics in current form would be nice. As for direction, I'd keep going on the comfort train, maybe shocks front and back to compliment the new seat. Are you comfortable with your hands being above your shoulders?

Bike looks the same right now, except for the derby cover being different now.
I don't have any of the parts yet, so as soon as I get them on, I'll have them posted up.

As for my hands, I'm comfortable. The new seat Im getting is the reduced reach 2 up, so the inch it moves me up helps with the fatigue, as well as brings me closer so my arms aren't as stretched out. I'm 5'11, but its all legs. lol.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Looks good, congrats. I've honestly never liked the looks of t bars. I sat on a bike at the dealer that had them and didn't like the way they felt either.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:30 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like you got a great deal. The bike looks very cool. Congrats.

I was at the Oakland (Cal) HD store yesterday and saw three 2015 SB that they had modded with similar bars. I like n=my stock miniapes, but this is a good look, too.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser

Thanks guys.

People give me a lot of Sh*t about having an SOA bike. I tell them that ever since I was about 5, and a pack of HA rode by me when I was in San Fransico with my parents and I saw this set up, I've wanted it.
I grew up in a biker family. Mom and Dad were married 21 years ago, when they rode to Sturgis, 6 months pregnant with me. Willie G signed their wedding certificate. They say I was pretty much conceived on the bike, but i quickly tune out anything they say after that.....

Old 01-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser

Here is the Bag mount I did.

Quick Reply: My Streetbob(pic heavy)