Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will changing air cleaner effect sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Cage996
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will changing air cleaner effect sound

Does anyone have any idea how changing the air cleaner will change the sound. I have cycle shack slip-ons only. Im thinking about doing an air cleaner, I realize I'll also need to change the map via either a PC III or SERT or download of some kind, but what Im wondering is will changing the air cleaner make the exhaust note get deepr or higher or stay the same. Just wondering. Thanks for any input.

My hope is it would made the exhaust note deeper.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 AM
dailydriver
Road Captain
Default RE: How will changing air cleaner effect sound

Air cleaner wont effect sound....The slip ons you installed will stay as loud or as quiet as they are now...What will happen is they will finally be working at full potential..Also everyone seems to think that they have to install a tuner when they pick up there bike...Depending on the year and model of the bike and your future plans for upgrades you may be fine with a simple Stage1 download from the dealer...If your bike has O2 sensors it has the ability to make small adjustments in the air/fuel ratio while it is running in closed loop and if you have no grand plans for cams and headwork..your bike will respond pretty good with just the download...I currently run the Big Sucker A/C and Vance and Hines shorties with just a download and I have no problems on my07 StreetBob...Hope this helps..Later

Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Cage996
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: dailydriver

Air cleaner wont effect sound....The slip ons you installed will stay as loud or as quiet as they are now...What will happen is they will finally be working at full potential..Also everyone seems to think that they have to install a tuner when they pick up there bike...Depending on the year and model of the bike and your future plans for upgrades you may be fine with a simple Stage1 download from the dealer...If your bike has O2 sensors it has the ability to make small adjustments in the air/fuel ratio while it is running in closed loop and if you have no grand plans for cams and headwork..your bike will respond pretty good with just the download...I currently run the Big Sucker A/C and Vance and Hines shorties with just a download and I have no problems on my07 StreetBob...Hope this helps..Later
Thats some great info ! Which download did you get, "stage 1" or 2? I dont plan on building the motor at all, just want to get a small bit more performance from the slip ons and adding an air cleaner. I have an 06 low rider with 02 sensors.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:37 AM
soup48
Road Captain

I agree with you Dailydriver.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

If you put an open filter on it, w/o the football, you'll hear some air being sucked in when you first hit it, but it wont do anything for your exhaust.