Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairings info-Share yours

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:24 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I picked up a headlight block from Memphis Shades. My fairing is a rifle I belive don’t remember as was custom painted. Anyway I did have to modify the the bracket quite a bit to get it to work. I know Conley sells one but MS was allot more reasonable.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HighonHarley (11-26-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Ironworker69
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,252 Posts

I like the little headlight cowl style

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:31 AM
alack1377
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batwing style stereo fairing

After riding a few FLHX's, I've come to like the convenience of having a fairing with radio and what not. I have found though, that I am more comfy on my current FXDF, and have been searching for decent batwing setups....its been a chore. only found a couple for this particular bike. My question is, would one that fits other Harley's also fit this bike, with different brackets? or is the width, height, headlights, etc that much different? there are some really nice options out there for every other bike that I was looking to take advantage of, if I only knew more about the dimensions and wether it would accept new brackets, or modify connections, or even possibly machine/wire edm cut my own? I just hate the thought of spending money on one of these, and have it not work out without a ton more work involved. PS Ive been looking at all the options Tsukayu has to offer....

Old 12-30-2017, 04:27 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 763 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Numa Albornoz
I like the little headlight cowl style
Interesting place for your turn signals...
Makes me want to see a picture of them lit up..

Old 12-30-2017, 07:35 PM
alack1377
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More info please

I must know how you did this! And what you mean by “tank clearance” ? There are just not enough options for our Fat bobs. Although there are MANY for other bikes. Even if I have to change the headlights. Tsukayu has a really nice GPS fairing that I would like, but I can’t seem to find enough information on bracket and what not, to take a chance on spending that kind of money and have it not work out or look hack.
Originally Posted by watoad

Front view of FXDF with FLH fairing, Fat-BOY Handlebars and Fat-BOY front fender. on.

Here's mine. I rubber mounted it to the fork tubes and made custom plastic brackets to tie wrap to the handle bars. Works great for me with no complaints from my wife about wind buffeting her behind me. I can get more pics of the custom bracketry I created if requested. The fairing was free from my brother in law as it had a broken edge which ended up being exaclty what I had to remove from the other side as well to clear the tank. Made all the custom bracketry from household stuff you probably already have too. Goes on and off in less than 5 minutes. Overall cost was about $100.00 for 4 cans black and 4 cans clear of Duplicolor spray touch up paint and a piece of Lexan to cut my own windshield. Did it all myself. Best rattle-can paint I ever did. Haven't even wet sanded or buffed it yet. I painted the Fat Boy front fender with the same paint 2 years ago and it still looks great too. By the way, it is NOT crooked, that is just reflections at this angle. I just LOVE customizing genuine Harley parts from other models as opposed to buying bolt-on stuff that anyone can do. Unique is more fun for me but, I don't mind helping you copy it if you're interested.
Have fun;
Billy

Old 01-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
I picked up a headlight block from Memphis Shades. My fairing is a rifle I belive don’t remember as was custom painted. Anyway I did have to modify the the bracket quite a bit to get it to work. I know Conley sells one but MS was allot more reasonable.
Bike is sexy as hell!

The following users liked this post:
nick@nite (03-21-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 08:59 AM
JoN_JoN
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just recently swapped out my quarter fairing for a RWD FXRT fairing on my 15 Street Bob. Mount also came from RWD.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:58 AM
Gearhead88
Tourer
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Last summer , I searched Burly Brand - "Outlaw" fairing and got zero results here , I bought one anyway , here's a short review....................

Last summer I bought a Burly "Outlaw" model 1/4 fairing. It's well made and comes with a universal fit set of mounting brackets. Overall it is a quality product however it did not meet my expectations . I did a mock up fit and there are a few things I don't like about it so I have not installed it yet . I don't care for the shape or the styling much , I'm thinking about modifying the look , removing some material in a few places , painting it and maybe I'll use it after that . The mounting brackets are designed well and are a one size fits all , I have issues with those as well , the parts are heavy and a bit complicated to figure out when assembling. If I use this fairing , I will be making my own brackets , lighter and simplified from what is included from Burly. Some people might be happy with this kit , me ? not so much , had I been able to look at and touch this fairing kit before ordering , I probably would have chosen something else , ........ yes I have a bit of buyer remorse . It was $300 I could have spent on something else.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:06 PM
DFA821
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a Hoppe Quadzilla on my 07 FLHR. I had it painted to match and the thing is made so much better than the other brands. Even the stereo that came with beats the stock HD setup.

ROAD PIG (2007 FLHR)

Old 01-23-2018, 12:49 PM
watoad
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Health issues have me confined to the couch right now. If I ever get well enough again I'll take some more pics of the custom mounting bracketry I made and the tank clearance cuts I made. Note, this is only the fairing shell, no inner fairing or electronic junk, just wind shielding. Also, the top mounts connect to the handle bars which are not the stock FatBob drag bars, they are stock FatBOY bars with a bit more height, so this setup wounldn't fit directly to a stock FatBOB. This was custom fabrication, not just bolt-on. Let me know if you are still interested in how I did it and I'll try to get the pictures when I can.

Quick Reply: Fairings info-Share yours