Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED FXDF Flooboards!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 01:34 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Cannot find the thread at the moment but a guy in the forum made some brackets to get the Floorboards on his ride with other pipes that caused problems, and yep, I reckon you will sell a fair few of these brackets, as a lot of guys will surely do the mod, but do not want to change pipes.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:18 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

For now just want to see if I can help Sandro get a fix.....that is goal one...it occured to me though that it seems like there are adapters for many things Harley....so why not a bracket or brackets to adopt full size floorboards to an FXDF......like you said, some one around here has probably done this in the past.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts
Old 06-24-2017, 08:34 PM
jabanas1
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sandro__s@hotmail.com
I appreciate the suggestion. From what I see, these footboards will have the same issue with the FXDF as the rest of them have. check google images of 2009 fxdf, or just look at the pictures in my original post.

the pipes are basically covering the rear mounting location and would require the bracket to swing under the pipe more than usual.
Ok i didn't see you say 2009. JP Cycles says 2008 fxdf.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:34 PM
jabanas1
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sandro__s@hotmail.com
I appreciate the suggestion. From what I see, these footboards will have the same issue with the FXDF as the rest of them have. check google images of 2009 fxdf, or just look at the pictures in my original post.<br /><br />the pipes are basically covering the rear mounting location and would require the bracket to swing under the pipe more than usual.
<br />Ok i didn't see you say 2009. JP Cycles says 2008 fxdf.

The following users liked this post:
sandro__s@hotmail.com (06-26-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Finally found the post with the OP that modified the brackets, he had to recurve a bracket also.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post10708159

The following users liked this post:
sandro__s@hotmail.com (06-26-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 06:57 AM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I have an update. My local Harley shop really wanted to help me out so he gave me some "Stirrups". Basically a footpeg with a little heel rest. Its been dumping monsoon rains since I got them so I only had about 10 minutes to try them out however in those 10 minutes I fell in love. My feet did not want to slip off once! it was so nice. BUT when I got up to about 100 km/hr my knees started to get blown open which caused the tension on my legs again to keep them tight. Is this something im going to experience no matter which way i go? im still thinking about trying to make up an adapter.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:05 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Well....my bike came with stirrups...and...I could not get them off the bike fast enough because it was hard for my feet to "find their perch" so to speak.....my dumb feet kept missing and groping around for the pegs and heel rest of the stirrups....and my the tip of my boots would catch underneath the pegs or heel rest, scary.....same feeling with pegs, .... next move was the Mini Floor Boards....I like them because when I start off from a stop, I just lift my feet and they land on the floor boards, no muss no fuss. I do wear size 15 boots (yeah I know) so pegs just do not work for me personally, nor did the stirrups. I really wanted a flat platform to land my feet, a bigger target so to speak. I would probably like full size floor boards as well, I just could not picture them looking OK on a FatBob (or FatGlide as I call mine now with the fender mod) I almost bought a Fat Boy instead of a Fat Bob because of the floor boards...Sorry to say all this, keep in mind this is just my experience with stirrups.....you may grow to like them...One thing I know for sure....Until I got my bike set up to "fit me" correctly, I hated getting on it and was very frustrated....once I got the Minis and the angles adjusted, sitting on my bike now is extremely comfortable..You can see pics of my minis in an earlier post in this thread. Here is a link to a motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator you can play around with http://cycle-ergo.com/ If you want NC help making a custom bracket, let me know, I have a metal shop and CNC cutting ability, and welding etc. Just would need some measurements and a simple drawing to work from, and some time to get it worked out and fabbed.

Last edited by sparkalot; 06-26-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:05 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Don't settle for anything less than the HD Floorboard kit. I tried to be cheap and use the large mini boards that mount to the pegs. They were better but not what I was after. Then I got the HD floorboards and a street bob exhaust and it fit but ultimately that exhaust didn't work with my engine that I built, held it back. If I had some hindsight I would've bought the D&D Fatcat and HD floorboards from the beginning and saved a lot of time and money.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Just waking up this thread to help who ever needs headers for pipes, looks like a deal can be made with this member, with these headers footboards are a straight bolt on.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/stock...take-offs.html

Quick Reply: NEED FXDF Flooboards!