Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob vs Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 10:01 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

[]

[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion but I'll take the old paint shaker all day every day. The softbob looks like **** and the c8lyn motor sounds like ****. I don't care how smooth, how many more bikes lengths quicker it is, how much cooler it runs, how much lighter it is, it still looks like ****. The only good looking bikes the moco is making now are the Sportsters.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:04 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

That quote was from before the Serengeti Softail. The balance factor is adjustable. During the dealer show where they unveiled the new bikes, they made a big point of the rigid mounted100% balanced M8. I don't know if that figure refers to the balance factor or the fact that all the Serengetis were M8s. I kinda suspect the former.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:11 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack
hates new because bought a 2017

then tries to make it my fault
sure thing...

you have your bike. quit crying about something that doesn't affect you. some 964 owners hate 996s, 997s, and 991s.

Last edited by cvaria; 10-09-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:22 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
sure thing...

you have your bike. quit crying about something that doesn't affect you. some 964 owners hate 996s, 997s, and 991s.
My criticism of new bikes doesnt affect you either. So quit kissing HD's *** because they aint gonna give you a free bike since your opinion doesnt matter.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

My criticism of new bikes doesnt affect you either. So quit kissing HD's *** because they aint gonna give you a free bike since your opinion doesnt matter.

this is you not liking vibes... right? because you had the only sportster ever made that didn't vibrate... right?:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...bob-today.html

the internet don't forget... have fun backpedaling all the bs there.

Last edited by cvaria; 10-09-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:35 PM
rrhemi
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

I rode a 2018 Heritage and Fat boy. Both 114's. The Heritage ran really good, no odd sounds. The FB ran great but it had an odd full throttle noise, I thought maybe it was hammered on pretty hard from day one being a demo truck bike or perhaps an exhaust leak. Of course if I bought one that sounded like that I would be freaking that it was a rod knock.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

this is you not liking vibes... right? because you had the only sportster ever made that didn't vibrate... right?:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...bob-today.html

the internet don't forget... have fun back peddling all the bs there.
2- The mini apes on SB have vibration. I feel 0 vibration on my 48

3- The 103 engine is much smoother. This actually is not a plus for me. Evo engine feels more lively, has more character. I would have bought the Bolt if I wanted smoother.

Good thing internet doesnt forget.

#2 was about handlebars vibration,

#3 Relative to the sportster that I had, I still think 103 runs smoother. I may buy another one later on. The smoothness of 103 was improved by adding pipes.

So, as you see, even then I was not a fan of smooth rides. Keep searching and come up with something else

Old 10-09-2017, 10:56 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

Left and Right, people are ditching their Dynas to jump on a M8.

You can see it in this thread.

But wait.. there must be a different world out there!

Old 10-10-2017, 12:43 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

backpedaling & Keep searching
no need to search... i participated in that thread. like i said earlier on. i'm not knocking your opinion but, most of what you are riffing about you already knew about

the m8s are not tcs. they don't sound or look like tcs. i get it, you don't like them make and consider them heresy... that fair. yet, some time ago, said similar things about the TC SB.. things that we are now glossing over and calling the "soul of harley." didn't you say you rode a fat bob... was the "knock knock knock" not there? was this all a surprise?

comparing the bikes side by side is a good idea.. especially when you go point by point over changes/hardware. like pointing out how the front rotor is no longer a floater (really shady on HD's part but, the sb is the bridge bike), the lack of throttle/idle cables, nasty gaiters, ... actually looking at that hardware not just hating on noises, vibration sources, and looks...

what are the advantages and disadvantages here? between them- how was the power/power delivery? how was the braking. was the handling improved, how was the heat.... overall rideability.... valuable info.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:37 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

no need to search... i participated in that thread. like i said earlier on. i'm not knocking your opinion but, most of what you are riffing about you already knew about

the m8s are not tcs. they don't sound or look like tcs. i get it, you don't like them make and consider them heresy... that fair. yet, some time ago, said similar things about the TC SB.. things that we are now glossing over and calling the "soul of harley." didn't you say you rode a fat bob... was the "knock knock knock" not there? was this all a surprise?

comparing the bikes side by side is a good idea.. especially when you go point by point over changes/hardware. like pointing out how the front rotor is no longer a floater (really shady on HD's part but, the sb is the bridge bike), the lack of throttle/idle cables, nasty gaiters, ... actually looking at that hardware not just hating on noises, vibration sources, and looks...

what are the advantages and disadvantages here? between them- how was the power/power delivery? how was the braking. was the handling improved, how was the heat.... overall rideability.... valuable info.
Yes, knock was on the FB too. Surprise was that nobody was talking about it. Finally people are acknowledging it, by different descriptions.

what are the advantages and disadvantages here?
More power, no cables, lighter, cleaner tank and handling are not advantages to me when it comes to SB vs SB. That's what you need to understand.

But let's for a moment assume these are advantages. You like side by side comparison, right? Now put FB and Diavel side by side and consider those advantages you talked about. Tell me why a person who cares about those things would buy a FB over a Diavel?

This is where and why HD fails. This is why "Left and Right" is not happening.

Dyna riders are Dyna riders for a reason. However small or big a group, this is how it is. If they wanted those advantages it was available to them way before 2018.

The following users liked this post:
Crmx (10-10-2017)

Quick Reply: Bob vs Bob