Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

Bob vs Bob

Old 10-08-2017, 05:23 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 120 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Bob vs Bob

Yesterday at the dealer, I finally got my hands on the new SB.

The bike looks good, almost the same aesthetics as the old Bob, except for the rear shocks of course, that are missing.

The digital speedo takes away from the looks imo. Here is a shot of old vs new

As you see, the new Bob is lower and looks smaller. On paper, the new Bob is a full 3" shorter.

I did not like the textured handlebars. It just does not look good. A matte black and smooth bars would've looked better.

I am not sure if the brake pedal needed adjustment on this one, but I had to push way lower than my 17 model to brake, making it very uncomfortable.

All of these I could live with, until I took it for a ride.

Boy oh boy, why is nobody talking about this knock knock knock on these 107 engines?

By definition, "Vibration" is a high frequency oscillation of an object or parts, to put it simply. This is the "Feel" that HD used to advertise and what once made it stand out from other bikes.

The counter balanced 107 is designed to imitate that, and it fails horribly!'
Instead of a vibration, you get this rod knock feeling from the engine, that neither sound or feels good.

Someone asked if the value of our bikes increased after this 2018 edition of bikes. Hell Yes!

After the 2018 SB, I tested a 2017 WG, and that's the only bike I would consider buying.

Last edited by OddJack; 10-08-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:31 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,067 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack View Post

Someone asked if the value of our bikes increased after this 2018 edition of bikes. Hell Yes!
nope.. value didn't increase. it decreased. may go back up later but, considering people are ditching dynas left and right to get the new ones, the market will temporarily be flush with them. HD HAS reduced production and laid off a few factory folks though, leaning out the available new ones.

not attacking your opinion at all. the newer one is much sleeker with less clutter and sharp angles. that sh**ty front rotor on the new one is unacceptable. one of many questionable things on the 18s. i know you like stock but, the clean tank is a blessing for modders even though the size is a bone of contention. it's going to be a strong seller. don't worry. they aren't gonna take yours away. so life is good.

engine noise?
listen to this chamber music... turn the bass up.
9:13:00 here https://youtu.be/evOwFJPnhqU?t=9m13s
6:36:00 here https://youtu.be/SVlLZF6T7zA?t=6m31s

Last edited by cvaria; 10-08-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:12 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 252 Likes on 196 Posts

Yeah, of course your right.
Harley needs to get their head out of their a$$,, and give us back our "good bikes"!!
Change is bad!!

Old 10-08-2017, 09:51 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria View Post
nope.. value didn't increase. it decreased. may go back up later but, considering people are ditching dynas left and right to get the new ones, the market will temporarily be flush with them. HD HAS reduced production and laid off a few factory folks though, leaning out the available new ones.

not attacking your opinion at all. the newer one is much sleeker with less clutter and sharp angles. that sh**ty front rotor on the new one is unacceptable. one of many questionable things on the 18s. i know you like stock but, the clean tank is a blessing for modders even though the size is a bone of contention. it's going to be a strong seller. don't worry. they aren't gonna take yours away. so life is good.

engine noise?
Left and right ?? How many do you know in this forum?
Calling BS again

What clutter are you talking about? Sharp angles?? There are no sharp angles on the new SB. You hear things hear and there and just repeat the nonsense here.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

The gauge on the tank is now considered clutter? Why So many people tried to put the LR dual gauge on their tanks then? Guess they wanted more clutter

Old 10-08-2017, 10:25 PM
farmer65
Senior Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My local dealer has a 2017 Hot Rod red street bob that I am interested in, what would be a good price for the bike, it is new, they have several 18"s on the floor.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:00 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,630 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by farmer65 View Post
My local dealer has a 2017 Hot Rod red street bob that I am interested in, what would be a good price for the bike, it is new, they have several 18"s on the floor.
Southern Devil HD has a couple of the red ones at $13K, and I'm pretty sure they would deal.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:14 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

My local dealer had a hot rod red SB for long time.

It didnt sell until the new models showed up. I didnt see it anywhere yesterday.

After the test ride yesterday, I told the salesman the same things I wrote here. He agreed completely. I asked him what he's riding, he said a 17 SB.

Last edited by OddJack; 10-08-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:22 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,067 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Left and right ?? How many do you know in this forum?
Calling BS again

What clutter are you talking about? Sharp angles?? There are no sharp angles on the new SB. You hear things hear and there and just repeat the nonsense here.
that's what i said. read to understand, not to bicker.

left and right.. there is a world outside this forum.
The gauge on the tank is now considered clutter? Why So many people tried to put the LR dual gauge on their tanks then? Guess they wanted more clutter
is that right?

Last edited by cvaria; 10-08-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bob vs Bob

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: