Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uptown Ripper

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 04:28 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 207 Posts

As you can see from the graph, it got tuned 5/11/18. Yesterday was the first time I got to take it out early morning and let her spread her wings. Sh%t, it keeps getting faster and faster. 120 mph like right now. No slow creeping to top speed. It appears I need to find a speedo with a higher top speed, lol.

On a side note, I visited a Harley Dealership in Concord yesterday, and I finally found a pair of glasses where the foam fit my face. The brand is Eye with transitional lens. Early this morning I took another high speed run, and no wind around the eyes. No watery eyes finally with the skull cap.

Dave

Old 06-25-2018, 05:37 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you do cams with the engine work?

Old 06-25-2018, 06:54 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

She has the SE 259e cams that come with the 117 stage 4 kit.

Dave

Last edited by TOE_CUTTER; 06-25-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:32 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

UPDATE!!!!

Starting to collect the parts for stage II; suspension. I really liked what Mike (Nemoengineer) did with his bike, and I'm going to go down a similar path to get my bike to handle. The bike with the motor work now easily exceeds 120 mph, and at those speeds it feels like a wet noodle. Since everything is new, I have not experienced "the death wobble", and I don't plan on experiencing it. As the parts start to roll in, I'll be snapping pics.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:58 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

The first thing I'm getting "dialed in" is my feet placement. While moving from the stock forward mids to the "true" mids was a big improvement, the brake and shift levers are not quite right. I'd figure I would re-do the set-up and start with this and modify it until the position feels natural with braking and shifting. Once dialed in, I'll get it polished then powder-coated gloss black to go with the original theme of the bike.

To be continued....

Dave

Old 10-16-2018, 10:34 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

The 27 Cycles foot pegs came in!. They are offset 1.5" higher than stock. With the 510 mid's 0.5" higher mounting point, that is a full 2" higher than stock. There will be a lot of other things "touching down" before these pegs do.

Dave

Old 10-16-2018, 10:41 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

Sputhe's Positrac. I have seen the True-Track, and I like the appearance of the Positrac better. It will be interesting to see the additional vibes some say this creates at idle. They say at speed you don't feel it. I am hoping this takes away that wet-noodle feeling at high speeds.

Dave

Old 10-16-2018, 10:49 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

Not pictured is an extra link I got from Sputhe to replace the factory top helm link. Once again, we will see about any extra vibration.

On the subject of vibration, it does make a difference getting your motor crank balanced and trued. I definitely noticed after getting the motor work done how much smoother the bike is. It still has the "rough spot" between 2900-3100 rpm, but everywhere else it is smooth. I just keep the engine out of that range as much as possible while riding.

Dave

Old 10-16-2018, 10:57 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

A part Nemoengineer brought up in his posts is this item making it possible to adjust the front of the motor from side to side in order to get improved alignment. After getting all the parts installed, I'm going to take the bike to GP Frame and Wheel in Sacramento and have him use his CMM, and get the bike as best as a Dyna can get, lol.

Dave

Old 02-03-2019, 03:08 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

Picked up the bike this week after getting some suspension mods. Wanted to thank Motorcycle Metal, Kraus, Big Al's Cycles, Bayland Speed Shop, 27 Cycles, and Ron and Jimmy at RC Cycles. Jimmy spent the time to get everything mocked up, made sure everything was perfect, and then disassembled, sent parts out for power coating, and re-assembled. The bike will be going next week to Fab28 for a custom exhaust. Enjoy the pics:

Kraus trees with Howard's Ohlins 30mm kit in +2" forks.

Last edited by TOE_CUTTER; 02-03-2019 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
not_so_newb (10-20-2020)

Quick Reply: Uptown Ripper