Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mid glide trees. triple trees. wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 PM
blavis
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mid glide trees. triple trees. wtf?

can somebody please explain what the heck this exactly is and the differences/advantages of every style?!?!?

pics would be nice. along with prices....

sorry if this is a stupid question. but its worth being the idiot.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Roadman56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mid glide trees. triple trees. wtf?

Can't give you much info on the triple trees. It depends what you want to do to your ride. I will say lob a few rounds out there for me&nbsp\\;and keep up the good work.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:02 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope this will address your question.
&nbsp\\;
Dynas models, prior to 2006, had two different style front ends.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;The Wide Glide models had a wider front end meaning the tubes were further apart.&nbsp\\; The other Dynas had a narrow glide front end, same as the Sportsters.&nbsp\\; The tubes were much closer together.
&nbsp\\;
Starting in 2006, the Dyna line lost the narrow glide front end and went to the mid-glide on all models except the Wide Glide.&nbsp\\; The mid glide front end tubes were further apart than the old narrow glides, but closer together than the wide glides.
&nbsp\\;
Each of the newer Dyna models were set up with different amounts of rake in their front end.&nbsp\\; This rake is accomplished two ways\\;&nbsp\\; either in the neck of the frame and/or in the triple trees, which hold the tubes.
&nbsp\\;
Super Glides, Street Bobs (mid glide front end)&nbsp\\;-&nbsp\\;29 degrees in the neck, 0 degrees in the trees = 29 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;
Lower Rider (mid glide front end) - 29 degrees in the neck, 1.5 degrees in the trees = 30.5 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;
Wide Glide - (wide glide front end) - 32 degrees in the neck, 2 degrees in the trees = 34 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;
Fat Bob - (wide glide front end) - 29 degrees in the neck, 0 degrees in the trees = 29 degrees total rake

Old 06-08-2008, 05:38 PM
blavis
Advanced

ORIGINAL: jmpancoast

I hope this will address your question.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Dynas models, prior to 2006, had two different style front ends.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;The Wide Glide models had a wider front end meaning the tubes were further apart.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The other Dynas had a narrow glide front end, same as the Sportsters.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The tubes were much closer together.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Starting in 2006, the Dyna line lost the narrow glide front end and went to the mid-glide on all models except the Wide Glide.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The mid glide front end tubes were further apart than the old narrow glides, but closer together than the wide glides.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Each of the newer Dyna models were set up with different amounts of rake in their front end.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; This rake is accomplished two ways\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; either in the neck of the frame and/or in the triple trees, which hold the tubes.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Super Glides, Street Bobs (mid glide front end)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;-&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;29 degrees in the neck, 0 degrees in the trees = 29 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Lower Rider (mid glide front end) - 29 degrees in the neck, 1.5 degrees in the trees = 30.5 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Wide Glide - (wide glide front end) - 32 degrees in the neck, 2 degrees in the trees = 34 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Fat Bob - (wide glide front end) - 29 degrees in the neck, 0 degrees in the trees = 29 degrees total rake
ahhhh.... i see. i think i do anyways. im gonna assume that switching to the wide front end will cost some $$$$$$? are the result just for looks or is there a noticable difference?

jmpancoast, thanx for the explanation!

roadman, i shot a tic today just for you! (troops in contact)

Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

WS6 Formula PMed me and explained&nbsp\\;the specs I posted on the Wide Glide rake were inaccurate.&nbsp\\; Here are the correct specs:
&nbsp\\;
Wide Glide - (wide glide front end) - 34 degrees in the neck, 2 degrees in the trees = 36 degrees total rake
&nbsp\\;
Thanks for the correct info WS6 Formula.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 06-09-2008, 03:27 PM
blavis
Advanced

is there anybody out there that has pics so that i could compare the before and after?

thanx

Old 06-09-2008, 04:16 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

You can go to Harley's site and pull up the 360 walk-a-round view for the Sportster, Super Glide, and Wide Glide to see the differences.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:56 PM
ryda
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: blavis

is there anybody out there that has pics so that i could compare the before and after?

thanx
Here is the Fat Bob triples next to the Street Bob.....

Old 06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Here's a couple of before and after photos, (06 and up) Mid Glide/Wide Glide. Last photo below, left to right, Wide Glide, Narrow Glide, Mid Glide (06 and up Dyna's).

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 09-06-2014 at 07:23 PM.